TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two HR 10 250's with an attic antenna that suddenly no longer provide a strong enough signal to watch OTA HD locals. I kind of doubt that all 6 stations suddenly have the same problem.

Any ideas what I can check that I may have forgotten? It has been a long time not havng to mess with these issues. All the coax is visually connected except for the attic. (That is a real chore to get to and I doubt it fell off.) Can an antenna amplifier be checked easily? I have one at the distribution panel.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim,
It was the amplifier. Good call! Is there a way to tell if I need it? I still get good looking pictures? I don't know if it was put in becasue there was prewiring for quite a few runs around the house or, maybe they had one on the truck to get rid of, or?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My favorit local PBS was still not right and I thought it was them but not sure. The audio was good but the video was stop action.

Turns out that about the same time my antenna amp went out, the PBS station had a loaner decoder installed which wasn't set up quite right for all the different receivers out here.

So it was my amp plus the one station having problems which they have resolved.

I contacted the PBS engineering department and they were very glad for the input and went to work to solve the problem with me.

GO PBS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.