TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, longtime member/ never poster. I have had a series 2 for YEARS and during my move this month it just died. The former cable company had a premiere but new place cable company charges a million bucks for a non tivo DVR. bah! So Im currently dvr free and looking to buy a used but functional Tivo with lifetime service. max I can afford is around 400. If anyone is still trying to get rid of an extra Tivo please let me know!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi all, longtime member/ never poster. I have had a series 2 for YEARS and during my move this month it just died. The former cable company had a premiere but new place cable company charges a million bucks for a non tivo DVR. bah! So Im currently dvr free and looking to buy a used but functional Tivo with lifetime service. max I can afford is around 400. If anyone is still trying to get rid of an extra Tivo please let me know!
I have a Series 2. Or are you wanting a TiVo that works with a cable card? I have a Premiere also.

·
bUU
10,671 Posts
I have a series 3 that I boxed up and put away. Even though it has lifetime I thought it was pretty much no longer useful given that it doesn't support mpeg-4. So are you sure that just any old cable card compatible TiVo will serve your needs?

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

·
Registered
27,636 Posts
One option--and getting you a significant performance boost--is a used, lifetimed Roamio Basic, which will do either cable or OTA. Or, a new (or used) lifetime Roamio OTA with a cablecard adapter added/hacked to it (inexpensive and easy-to-do--there's a separate thread here on it: Roamio OTA cable card slot?). I just checked, and eBay has the Roamio OTA, both new and used, in your price range, as well as the adapter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One option--and getting you a significant performance boost--is a used, lifetimed Roamio Basic, which will do either cable or OTA. Or, a new (or used) lifetime Roamio OTA with a cablecard adapter added/hacked to it (inexpensive and easy-to-do--there's a separate thread here on it: Roamio OTA cable card slot?). I just checked, and eBay has the Roamio OTA, both new and used, in your price range, as well as the adapter.
Thanks SO much Mikeguy! I finally found one. Now I'm on the hunt for a cheap tivo mini. I tried using an AV transmitter but funny thing I didn't check and there's no AV out on the tivo LOL. oops.

·
Registered
19 Posts
PM Incomming

·
Registered
27,636 Posts
And, here as well, at $315 and no need to buy a cablecard adapter: Roamio 500gb TCD846500 4 tuner (OTA or CableCARD) with Lifetime Service

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.