TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime in december i signed up for beta testing with TIVO. I entered my service number and within a day or so I was testing the beta features under pictures music and more. The Podcasting and the Live365 streaming audio are my favorite amoung them.

In any event, I have since purchased a second TIVO and would very much like to get the beta features on it as well. When i go to the beta testing portion of the tivo site to add the second DVR to the beta program, it asks for the email address that i initially signed up with. I was never asked for an e-mail address at the time. I tried to enter my regular tivo email address that i use for account management with Tivo and i get nothing.

I would just sign up the second DVR for the beta software the same way that i did the first but the option is no longer available.

I am thinking there must be some way to get this done...

- Mike

· Premium Member
46,028 Posts
feetonthepegs said:
Sometime in december i signed up for beta testing with TIVO. I entered my service number and within a day or so I was testing the beta features under pictures music and more. The Podcasting and the Live365 streaming audio are my favorite amoung them.

In any event, I have since purchased a second TIVO and would very much like to get the beta features on it as well. When i go to the beta testing portion of the tivo site to add the second DVR to the beta program, it asks for the email address that i initially signed up with. I was never asked for an e-mail address at the time. I tried to enter my regular tivo email address that i use for account management with Tivo and i get nothing.

I would just sign up the second DVR for the beta software the same way that i did the first but the option is no longer available.

I am thinking there must be some way to get this done...

- Mike
Nothing like a non-disclosure agreement, eh?

· L: 37-35
12,684 Posts
Turtleboy said:
Nothing like a non-disclosure agreement, eh?
Aren't Podcasting and Live365 full fledged features and not part of a beta?

· Blah, blah, blah.
260 Posts
feetonthepegs said:
Sometime in december i signed up for beta testing with TIVO. I entered my service number and within a day or so I was testing the beta features under pictures music and more.
You left out the part about agreeing to non-disclosure.

Bad beta tester! No biscuit!

· TiVo Fanatic
870 Posts
SullyND said:
Aren't Podcasting and Live365 full fledged features and not part of a beta?
That would be correct; sounds like he may just be a little confused as to how he got the Yahoo apps, as everyone can get them now, and were able to in December as well...

:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.