TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From CNN's website...

"Watch a first of its kind event: the 'CNN/YouTube Debates'! The Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just like you! A special event, Monday beginning 7 p.m. ET!"

Since there is no Seaon Pass that would catch all the debates I have a wishlist setup for DEBATE* but my current guide data does not list this debate. It is currently showing "Anderson Cooper 360" in the 7pm slot.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Is it on TV? I thought it was on YouTube and that is why my wishlist was not finding it. I get home about 6 PDT so I won't see a minute of it. (I am already tired of the debates. I happen to be a Democrat but by the time my state has its primary, all but one of them will have dropped out so I don't have to pay much attention until the general election.)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sieglinde said:
Is it on TV? I thought it was on YouTube and that is why my wishlist was not finding it. I get home about 6 PDT so I won't see a minute of it. (I am already tired of the debates. I happen to be a Democrat but by the time my state has its primary, all but one of them will have dropped out so I don't have to pay much attention until the general election.)
Yes it's on CNN at 7pm EST and 4pm PST. today!

I understand your frustration....but I can't stand the thought that I should just tune out until I'm told who the "chosen one" is.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ET PT
7:00p.m. 4:00p.m. CNN/YouTube Debate : Watch a first of its kind event, when
Anderson Cooper hosts the first `CNN/YouTube Debate' on CNN. Watch the
Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just like you!

8:00p.m. 5:00p.m. CNN/YouTube Debate (...cont): Watch a first of its kind
event, when Anderson Cooper hosts the first `CNN/YouTube Debate' on CNN.
Watch the Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just
like you!

9:00p.m. 6:00p.m. The Situation Room (special time): Watch a special edition
of "The Situation Room." We break down the CNN/YouTube Democratic Debate
with immediate reaction from the candidates, analysis, and more.

10:00p.m. 7:00p.m. Anderson Cooper 360°: You asked.. the candidates
answered. We're wrapping up the first-ever `CNN/YouTube Debate.' See how the
men and woman who want to be president handled your tough questions.

11:00p.m. 8:00p.m. CNN/YouTube Debates (replay): Watch a first of its kind
event, when Anderson Cooper hosts the first `CNN/YouTube Debate' on CNN.
Watch the Democratic presidential candidates answer questions from viewers just
like you!

·
Registered
93 Posts
too bad my guide data on my HR10-250 didn't reflect this. It just listed "Situation Room" from 7-8pm EST and so I missed the second hour of the debate. Really upset as this appeared to be actually a worthwhile event! I think CNN is rebroadcasting the debate from 11pm-1am so I manually set that to record.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks for posting this. On my Tivo it was listed as "Anderson Cooper," so I didn't know it was going to be the debate. I even went to CNN's website, but couldn't find the time it would be aired again!

does anyone know when the Republican one will be aired?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
javabird said:
Thanks for posting this. On my Tivo it was listed as "Anderson Cooper," so I didn't know it was going to be the debate. I even went to CNN's website, but couldn't find the time it would be aired again!

does anyone know when the Republican one will be aired?
On September 17, the Republican candidates will participate in the second CNN-YouTube debate in Florida.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I heard that the questions were very good but the candidates still pretty much dodged the real straight questions.

I think this year I may be able to vote in a good primary. My state which is a little bitty unimportant one that no one has ever heard of has its primary on Feb 5th with a goodly chunk of the country. Just because my state has over 10% of the population of the US living in it doesn't mean we are as important as New Hampshire and Iowa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts