TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Notable Member
117,647 Posts
dgel said:
Sorry this isn't a tivo related question, but I'm sure someone out there can help me with this. My wife reformatted our computer and deleted all the songs I had on itunes. When I go to recharge my ipod , will it delete all songs since there no longer on itunes? If not, then how do i go about deleting them myself? Thanks (I have an ipod mini and it sucks that it doesn't have a delete function internally!
if you have it set to full, autosync, yes, it will delete them.

I guess they don't see the need to delete them from the iPod. I supposed the logic is that there is no reason to delete if you can't get anything else on there unless it's hooked up to the computer with iTunes.

·
Notable Member
117,647 Posts
dgel said:
just looked thru all the menus on th ipod and can't locate the auto sync--where is it?
it's in iTunes.

If it's a fresh install of iTunes, iTunes will think that iPod has NOT bee associated with that install of iTunes. It asks you if you want to associate the iPod with it. If you say NO, then it should not delete the songs.

If you DO want to associate the iPod with that install of iTunes, say YES. Then, you can go into the iTunes preferences. In there, you'll get the preferences for how you sync the iPod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.