TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Señor Senior, Jr.
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to pull and convert recorded shows from my Roamio Pro (TE4) hard drive after I remove the drive?

My HD is showing signs of failure, and I have a new drive in the mail that should arrive tomorrow. I don't want to clog up my LAN with file transfers during work/school hours (yay pandemic!).

I would prefer to get the new drive in place as soon as possible, and transfer shows from the old drive at my leisure, probably with a drive enclosure attached directly to my Mac. I have kmttg and cTiVo installed on my Mac. I also have access to a PC if I kick my kid off of it, but I'd rather not do that.

So, can I point kmttg (or some other program) to an external drive instead of to a TiVo and still download/decrypt the files?

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Is there any way to pull and convert recorded shows from my Roamio Pro (TE4) hard drive after I remove the drive?

My HD is showing signs of failure, and I have a new drive in the mail that should arrive tomorrow. I don't want to clog up my LAN with file transfers during work/school hours (yay pandemic!).

I would prefer to get the new drive in place as soon as possible, and transfer shows from the old drive at my leisure, probably with a drive enclosure attached directly to my Mac. I have kmttg and cTiVo installed on my Mac. I also have access to a PC if I kick my kid off of it, but I'd rather not do that.

So, can I point kmttg (or some other program) to an external drive instead of to a TiVo and still download/decrypt the files?
No. Even if you could extract the recordings from TiVo's proprietary file system they are encrypted, and only the motherboard that recorded them can decrypt them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.