TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are now 2 shows on Showtime I'm interested in watching, and that makes the subscription price worth it to me. I don't need to be spending more money on cable, but these shows are good, dammit. :eek:

They're Dexter and Californication, BTW. I almost went with "Unboxing" Dexter to my TiVo, but it's not available to download, just watching on the computer. :mad:

Californication isn't available for (legal) download at all yet.

·
Elk Whisperer
4,148 Posts
Dexter is worth the price of the subscription by itself. Excellent show.

·
TiVo-Wobble
3,213 Posts
Showtime is fast becoming the new HBO in terms of quality shows.

KD

·
All About Footwork
31,726 Posts
kdelande said:

KD
actually, the new HBO is pretty bad...they're becoming the old HBO ;)

·
Premium Member
23,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're afraid of people downloading it and burning it to DVDs so they won't have to buy their season sets later on.

I have no idea really. I wrote to them to suggest that they allow it to be downloaded to TiVo. Maybe it's a separate contract TiVo has with the networks that allows this?

·
Registered
19,428 Posts
We just finished Season One of Dexter on DVD. That is an awesome series. We are bummed we have to wait till next summer to see the next season. We aren't paying for a premium channel. :)

·
Under Maintenance
26,502 Posts
kdelande said:

KD
IIRC HBO and SHO are owned by the same company. They are now forcing us to subscribe to Showtime in addition to HBO. :p

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dexter is great and Weeds is hilarious. But I'm a little worried about subscribing to Showtime because every time I do all the shows I like get cancelled within a couple months. :)

·
I am Groot!
61,646 Posts
bareyb said:
IIRC HBO and SHO are owned by the same company. They are now forcing us to subscribe to Showtime in addition to HBO. :p
HBO is owned by Time-Warner, and Showtime by CBS.

I think Cinemax is part of HBO, which might be what you're thinking of...

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
Peter, do what I do. I play the specials game with them. Call up the cable company ask them what specials they're running. Sign up for whatever it is. Cancel on the last day. Call next day and ask for specials. That's how I do it, and I dont' even have to flash them. :D

·
Premium Member
23,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried that, and I JUST missed a three month free Showtime special from last month. :(

Another poster PMmed me about a 6.95/month special he saw advertised on Showtime, but the cable co. didn't have any idea what I was talking about.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts