TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Dallas SWAT

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Bob Coxner 
#1 ·
Has anyone else been watching Dallas SWAT on A&E (I think)???
I find it to be interesting, and getting better...the first episode was a little slow, I was hoping for more SWAT action as opposed to workouts...
It was sorta funny to see on the 3rd episode that they all seem to travel with those vinyl zipties hanging from their rearview...guess ya never know when ya might need to cuff someone...
Haven't seen any threads about it...so I thought I'd ask...

#3 ·
I watch this, and enjoy it. It would be very easy for them to turn this into a macho male testosterone-fest, but they don't. I guess these guys have to be this extreme to do what they do.

And it's far from fun and games. They've already shown them getting shot at, and the lead entry teams are doing work akin to the patrols in Iraq. You never know what you're going to get until you go in, and then all you can do is react.

So are these types of guys too intense for me to ever be buddies with? Sure. But if some psycho is holed up taking me hostage, these are exactly the people I'd want to be in charge of getting me out alive.

#4 ·
For crime reality it's not bad, although not as good as "The First 48". If you do like it, you can see more of it as "Texas Swat" on Court TV. I haven't seen enough episodes to be sure yet but it appears to be left-over footage from "Dallas Swat".

#7 ·
I'm really enjoying this show as well. Especially the last episode where the SWAT guy goes to the yoga class. :) I've always wanted to see a SWAT show on TV and it's finally come through. My only gripe is that they re-use a lot of footage. You'll see something before the commercial and right after the commercial they replay the last two minutes. I'd rather they spent that time covering other guys who are on the call. For instance, when they had the guy barricaded in the hotel room it would have been nice to have more than 30 seconds and one sentence from the snipers. I can only imagine what it must be like to sit there for 4 hours, unflinching, waiting for the call to come in to take your shot.

IMO, it would be better if they spent less time retreading the same footage and covered more than one guy per episode. That said, I'll keep watching because it's still interesting TV.

#8 ·
I like it. I enjoy seeing the whole person, not just the cop. I think it is interesting to see how they are so focused on SWAT, even in their home life. It's funny to see them try to make themselves look like they are well rounded guys (cooking dinner, changing diapers) and not just a bunch of SWAT-jockies.

#10 ·
hughvh said:
One thing has started to bug me about this show. Almost everyone they have arrested has been not convicted! Maybe this annoys me since I live in Dallas...
I have noticed that too.

I agree with the rehashing of footage between commercials...sometimes its a couple of minutes worth.

I wonder if they are ever going to show one of them actually getting hurt?

#11 ·
hughvh said:
One thing has started to bug me about this show. Almost everyone they have arrested has been not convicted! Maybe this annoys me since I live in Dallas...
Do we know for sure these people have not been convicted? They probably weren't by the time the film was cut and edited, but given how slow the court system works I'm sure they eventually were tried and convicted. There's an awful lot of video evidence against these people for them to just be let go.

#12 ·
Bob Coxner said:
For crime reality it's not bad, although not as good as "The First 48". If you do like it, you can see more of it as "Texas Swat" on Court TV. I haven't seen enough episodes to be sure yet but it appears to be left-over footage from "Dallas Swat".
Thumbs up on the recommendation of "The First 48". My wife and I caught an episode of it last night and really enjoyed it. My wife is a huge CSI fan and she said that this show was a complete 180 from CSI simply because she knows it's real. The murder is real, the suspects are real, the evidence is real.

I do wish that they had time to go more in-depth on some things, but overall it seems pretty decent. This one will get a season pass, at least for a while.

#13 ·
Cue-Ball said:
Thumbs up on the recommendation of "The First 48". My wife and I caught an episode of it last night and really enjoyed it. My wife is a huge CSI fan and she said that this show was a complete 180 from CSI simply because she knows it's real. The murder is real, the suspects are real, the evidence is real.

I do wish that they had time to go more in-depth on some things, but overall it seems pretty decent. This one will get a season pass, at least for a while.
I was dreading that "The First 48" would go downhill after Schillaci (Miami) got promoted, but all of the other investigators are top notch, although none with the rapport and personality of Joe.

#14 ·
jrinck said:
I was dreading that "The First 48" would go downhill after Schillaci (Miami) got promoted, but all of the other investigators are top notch, although none with the rapport and personality of Joe.
I thought it was more of a sidegrade move for Joe. As I recall, he went back to patrol voluntarily. I think it had to do with wanting to have a more stable schedule. Joe would make a great fictional tv cop.

I'm intrigued by the new Phoenix detective they've focused on recently. The one with the horribly disfiguring facial burns. It's astounding anyone could survive what he's been through, much less to go back to work. I'm assuming he could have easily taken permanent 100% disability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.