TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Certified Neurotic
3,927 Posts
I watch this, and enjoy it. It would be very easy for them to turn this into a macho male testosterone-fest, but they don't. I guess these guys have to be this extreme to do what they do.

And it's far from fun and games. They've already shown them getting shot at, and the lead entry teams are doing work akin to the patrols in Iraq. You never know what you're going to get until you go in, and then all you can do is react.

So are these types of guys too intense for me to ever be buddies with? Sure. But if some psycho is holed up taking me hostage, these are exactly the people I'd want to be in charge of getting me out alive.

·
Certified Neurotic
3,927 Posts
Cue-Ball said:
Thumbs up on the recommendation of "The First 48". My wife and I caught an episode of it last night and really enjoyed it. My wife is a huge CSI fan and she said that this show was a complete 180 from CSI simply because she knows it's real. The murder is real, the suspects are real, the evidence is real.

I do wish that they had time to go more in-depth on some things, but overall it seems pretty decent. This one will get a season pass, at least for a while.
I was dreading that "The First 48" would go downhill after Schillaci (Miami) got promoted, but all of the other investigators are top notch, although none with the rapport and personality of Joe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.