TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is old news, but it's the first I or the D* tier2 suppot representative had heard of it.

My R10 card reader is failing and I called D* multiple times to attempt to get it replaced with a DTiVo unit, since I own 3 others, and each time was told, "we can not determine the model that will be shipped."

Today I called Retention who couldn't help me, but transfered me to tier2 support.
The tier2 support rep poked around and found a screen that was new to him that prompted for the type of DVR to be sent.

Woohoo! now I just need to keep hoping for an R10 so I can just swap the drive from the failing unit.

-Jay

·
TechKnow Guide
12,027 Posts
Let us know what DVR you get. Most likely it will be an R10, but I wonder at what point those of us Tivo-based DVRs will have to accept the NDS-based DVRs as replacements.

You do realize that even if you get an identical R10, you cannot simply swap your hard drives and expect to preserve your current recordings and settings. Those are "encrypted" to the DVR's motherboard, so if you swap the drive between DVRs you'll need to perform a "clear and delete everything" before you can use the swapped drive. This process, of course, wipes out your recordings and settings. You're better off just using the replacement DVR for a few days (to be sure it's good), then send back the defective R10.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you get what you asked for?

I have a dead R-10 (I replaced HD and it worked for a couple days. It looks more like an access card problem). I would like another R-10 for a replacement since my two D*Tivos sit on top of each other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts