TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Electrocuted by TiVo
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the stations that will be carrying the new CW network are announced it'd be great if we'd post them here. In my area where there is a local UPN and WB I'm wondering which one will go away and I'm certain others in different areas of the country are too. So, post away any rumors or news about the new network in your neck of the woods.

·
Electrocuted by TiVo
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first 16

WPIX-TV, New York
KTLA-TV, Los Angeles
WGN-TV, Chicago
WLVI-TV, Boston
KDAF-TV, Dallas
WBDC-TV, Washington, D.C.
KHWB-TV, Houston
WBZL-TV, Miami
KWGN-TV, Denver
KPLR-TV, St. Louis
KWBP-TV, Portland
WTTV-TV, Indianapolis
KSWB-TV, San Diego
WTXX-TV, Hartford
WNOL-TV, New Orleans
WEWB-TV, Albany.

Thx Andy!

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,969 Posts
Make this a sticky? Possibly move to TV Show Talk forum?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The following CBS owned UPN stations were mentioned in the original press release:

www.upn57.com Philadelphia, PA | WPSG
www.kbhk.com San Francisco, CA | KBHK
www.upn69.com Atlanta, GA | WUPA
www.upn50.com Detroit, MI | WKBD
www.upn44tv.com Tampa Bay, FL | WTOG
www.upn11.com Seattle, WA | KSTW
www.upn31.com Sacramento, CA | KMAX
www.wnpatv.com Pittsburgh, PA | WNPA
www.upn34.com West Palm Beach, FL | WTVX
www.upn27.com Norfolk, VA | WGNT
www.upn28.com Providence, RI | WLWC

Along with Oklahoma which isn't listed on the CBS website.

Which means that Granite owned WB Affiliate KBWB in San Francisco will most likely be unaffiliated.

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
FWIW, I heard that our local cable only WB affiliate will become a CW affiliate. I also heard that our CBS affiliate would put it on a subchannel. But, this isn't confirmed.

Our low power UPN is now showing the MyNetwork logo on the subchannel it is on.

·
Nice to see you
11,916 Posts
Stormspace said:
Anyone heard anything about the CW in South Carolina?
Ads for CW shows are all over billboards, bus shelters and buses here in L.A., so everyone here should know our local CW affiliate by now (since the KTLA logo is on all the ads) -- are you saying things are different in "flyover country"? :D

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
Anyone know if Dish Network will still offer the Superstation pack (of which KTLA is one) once they are converted to CW or MyNetwork? I'd e-mail Dish, but we all know what kind of response I'd get. :D

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
Stormspace said:
Bump.

Anyone heard anything about the CW in South Carolina?
Stormy?

Try the CW's website.

www.cwtv.com

Click on "stations".

There'll be a map of the country. Locate your area, do some clicking or whatever, and you'll get a list of the CW affiliates in your area.

·
Super Moderator
58,048 Posts
My local WB affiliate is coverting to CW. The best part is I got confirmation via email that they will start broadcasting in HD via Charter before the switch over. Which means I should be able to watch Smallville in HD next season. :)

Dan

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
Dan203 said:
My local WB affiliate is coverting to CW. The best part is I got confirmation via email that they will start broadcasting in HD via Charter before the switch over. Which means I should be able to watch Smallville in HD next season. :)

Dan
Will Lana marry Zod and have a quasi-Kryptonian baby during season 7?

Will Chloe and Lionel be torn to shreds by an angry mob?

Will Oliver Queen finally return to civilization after disappearing back in 1989?

Will Clark escape from the Phantom Zone by using a handy diamond cutter he just happened to have on him? And will he fly back to Earth just in time to save Martha and Lois, once again violating the "no tights, no flights" rule in a ratings-getting season opener?

Stay tuned....

SMALLVILLE returns for a sixth season on September 28th, 2006, on the brand new CW...along with a number of other UPN and WB escapees. :D

·
Electrocuted by TiVo
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
trainman said:
Ads for CW shows are all over billboards, bus shelters and buses here in L.A., so everyone here should know our local CW affiliate by now (since the KTLA logo is on all the ads) -- are you saying things are different in "flyover country"? :D
Yes. Nothing is being said here. Most people I talk to ask. "What's a CW?" Even people in the area with TiVo's, but who don't frequent the forum don't know about it. :rolleyes:

·
TiVo Pioneer
360 Posts
It's going to be great in Cincinnati. The local UPN and WB affiliates lost the CW to our local CBS affiliate. WKRC (CBS Affiliate) will carry the CW as a subchannel on their digital broadcast and probably make it available to cable and satellite. So, this most likely means no HD for the CW OTA in Cinci, and probably no HD for cable or satellite. Not to mention the number of homes in Cinci that are OTA NTSC only that will lose the network all together.

Our WB affiliate will be a MyNetworkTV (News Corp) affiliate and the UPN affiliate becomes independent and will fade into obscurity.

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
terryfoster said:
It's going to be great in Cincinnati. The local UPN and WB affiliates lost the CW to our local CBS affiliate. WKRC (CBS Affiliate) will carry the CW as a subchannel on their digital broadcast and probably make it available to cable and satellite. So, this most likely means no HD for the CW OTA in Cinci, and probably no HD for cable or satellite. Not to mention the number of homes in Cinci that are OTA NTSC only that will lose the network all together...
I think I've heard of at least one other place where the same thing is happening.

This is idiotic. No analog CW affiliate. As you said, people without digital receivers or cable are being left out in the cold.

Pretty rotten thing to do to people.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
In Rochester NY the WB station was cable only (no OTA) on Time Warner Cable and UPN was OTA.

Now CW is cable only (no OTA) on Time Warner Cable and the old UPN station is SOL.

atmuscarella

·
------ Alan ------
804 Posts
gastrof said:
I think I've heard of at least one other place where the same thing is happening.

This is idiotic. No analog CW affiliate. As you said, people without digital receivers or cable are being left out in the cold.

Pretty rotten thing to do to people.
yes it is. i just checked http://www.cwtv.com/cw-affiliates.html and so cal is covered by ktla (ch 5), but other (highly populated) areas have either nothing or a uhf station.
--
Alan :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts