TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the current software for the HDVR2? I've got an older one my cousin wants, but I've had it completely disconnected for, I don't know how long. Current software is 6.2-01-2-151, but I thought there was something newer. I connected it to the dish and let it do it's 2 am download, and then tried forcing a couple phone calls, but it won't grab any new software.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The latest Tivo software for your machine is 6.2a. 6.2a fixes the dates that daylight savings time starts and ends. Unless you have manual recordings setup (which will be 1 hour off for 3 weeks in the Spring and Fall), then you shouldn't have any problems running 6.2.

·
Proud Computer Geek
1,117 Posts
Some have had to wait for a week or more to get the update. It isn't going to happen overnight.

·
Just a boring dude
36,220 Posts
no
a deactivated unit will update if there's an update to be had. Right now, 6.3 is on a very limited rollout. 6.2a didn't stay in the channel long at all. 6.2 will work fine for you until 6.3 rolls out, so don't sweat it.
6.2a was fixes to Daylight Saving Time and some guide data issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.