TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I contacted Curiosity Stream with respect that the majority of their programs do not play on my Roamio.

This is what they replied (via a chat).

a) I am sorry at the moment there does seem to be an issue with our app on the Tivo device, our developers are working with Tivo to get this sorted out.

b) It is taking them longer then expected to isolate the issue, so I am afraid we do not have an exact time frame, could be a couple of weeks

c) We have a new version of the Tivo app in the testing stage if it passes it will be released

· Registered
4 Posts
C-S has not worked on either of our two tivo boxes for 5 months now.
I did get one video to play, but that was a singular event.
After clicking PLAY> the tuning fork icon just undulates (spins) forever (one time i let it go for 6 hours)
Support, WHEN they respond, keep saying that their developers are working on it. THey gave a one month's credit/extension to our subscription.
They have excellent videos, i just wish we could watch them.

Unrelated, it's embarrassing to C-S that the GUI is not at all in the tivo conventions of tivo remote button usage. You have to click click click to navigate to thr desired C-S command.

· wait.. I did what?
15,713 Posts
Unrelated, it's embarrassing to C-S that the GUI is not at all in the tivo conventions of tivo remote button usage. You have to click click click to navigate to thr desired C-S command.
And this is why developers don't bother with apps for the Tivo ecosystem, it's too much a PITA compared to pretty much every other streaming device on the planet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.