TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all that has been happening in last 24hrs in DC I was trying to tune into CSPAN. But when I did it showed that I couldn't open it. I called Comcast and they said CSPAN is now Digital Only and only available to people on X1 cable boxes. Does anyone have a list of channels that are only IP X1 and not available to us Roamio CableCard users?

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
CSPAN-HD is on the list to go IP Only. In many areas this has already happened. In many areas this has not yet happened, but we assume it will eventually. When CSPAN-HD goes IP Only, there should still be a Tivo accessible CSPAN in SD, although possibly at a different channel number than you're used to, possibly at a channel number you've removed from your tivo's channel list, so you may need to go hunting.

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
Below is an old list of channels that were at one time documented as going IP Only. It is area specific, and out of date, but at least it's a list:

Afro HD
Aspire TV HD
Band International HD
BET HER HD
BBC World News HD
Black News Channel HD
C-SPAN HD
CLEO HD
Comedy.TV HD
Cooking Channel HD
CTC
Discovery Family HD
DIY Network HD
FOX Sports 2 HD
FOX Deportes HD
Galavisión HD
Hallmark Drama SD and HD
i24NEWS HD
Jewelry TV HD
JusticeCentral.TV HD
MTV2 HD
NDTV 24x7
Newsmax TV HD
Nick 2 HD
Nick Jr. HD
Nick Toons HD
NTV America
Ovation HD
Pac-12 National HD
Pac-12 Regional HD
POP TV HD
QVC2 HD and SD
QVC3 HD and SD
Rai Italia HD
Recipe.TV HD
Revolt HD
RTR-Planeta
Rossiya 24
SEC Overflow HD
Smithsonian HD
Sundance HD and SD
Teen Nick HD
The Filipino Channel (TFC)
TUDN HD
TV Asia HD
TV JAPAN HD
TV5MONDE HD
Universo HD (formerly NBC Universo) (E&W)
Univision HD
UniMás HD
WGN America HD
Willow TV HD
Zee TV HD
Z Living HD
Zona Fútbol HD and SD

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BBC World News HD
C-SPAN HD
DIY Network HD
[/Spoiler]
Yep just off the top of my head I know those also don't work. Also of note "newsmax" is one my dad at the holiday was upset didn't work when he came to visit. Now I know why. But I'm ok with that not being on all holiday ;)

Seems like Rovi needs to update their channel data / lineups.

And yes I did find an SD CSPAN 2 & 3 in the 3 digit land. But CSPAN1 is gone for sure

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,395 Posts
I just checked for CSPAN on my CableCARD box, and I still have the main #1 channel in SD there. I figure I don't need to see Lindsey Graham in HD, so I'm good. :)

Seriously though, I also see all nine versions of CSPAN listed in the Xfinity Stream app, and if I want them on my TV sets there's an app for that on Android and Fire TV, and iOS too. Plus I can use the Channels DVR TVE feature to record or view them. In both cases, no X1 box required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wish I had seen this a week ago. Over the past few weeks, I have noticed that a few channels (TCM, TBN, CMTV) had gone black. Finally, I was patient enough to suffer through the Comcast call center. Needless to say they couldn't fix anything, so the sent a guy out. Yesterday, he came and replaced a connector (I think because that's just what they do). Of course, that didn't work. He swapped out the cable card (some hope there) and ran guided setup. No joy. He called "my supervisor" for advice... nothing. When I saw this thread after he left, I checked and all of my CSPAN channels are gone now (don't care much either) I think those were there before he came out. I never got Newsmax. Northern California.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.