TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the previews I thought this might have promise. I like Jane Curtin but I didn't find many laughs here. Maybe it was supposed to be a dark comedy or a dramedy, but, for me the comedy nor the drama really got off the ground.

·
Custom User Title
2,263 Posts
Just watched it. It was pretty good.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,611 Posts
I liked it much better than 4 Kings. I'll give it another try, which is more than I'm giving Kings.

·
LivingLippy.com
33,408 Posts
I have it, but not sure if I want to watch it...after all, it will conflict with CSI (last night's CSI was a rerun). Oh, wait. I forgot we're getting a new tivo to get rid of these conflicts! So yes, I will watch it! WOOHOO!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I watched it. It made me smile but I wasn't bowled over. I'll give it another go.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,777 Posts
I couldn't make it past the opening scene. Maybe 60 seconds before I hit delete? :down:

If it got funny, I'll never know. But it didn't start that way, IMHO.

·
Hi. What is this?
11,727 Posts
I missed the first four minutes due to a TiVo crash. When I started, they were picking up Jane's character from the looney bin. What happened prior to that?

I liked this episode a lot more than I thought I would. For me it had a LOT more laughs than Four Kings. I'll be tuning in again.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I also thought the laugh track was way too intrusive. I also had expected it to be a little like AD (but AD has no laugh track). Couldn't get beyond the first 10 minutes. AD may have ruined me for comedy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You could tell this was the pilot. Fred Savage was breaking character in alot of shots when he wasn't the main focus at that time. And as many others have said, the laugh track was terrible! You would think they would have re-shot the pilot once it was picked up as a series.

·
Mostly lurking
2,054 Posts
Watched 2 episodes.... cancelled the SP. I thought it had promise, but it didn't live up to it. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts