TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I wanna Rock
9,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I love this show. I got hooked while watching the "L.D.S.K' episode. It has a sort of "Silence of The Lambs" vibe.

I think that this is a much better vehicle for Mandy Patinkin than "Dead Like Me."

Is anybody else watching this series?

Bob

·
2,619 Posts
I like this series, too. I agree this is a good role for Mandy Patinkin. The other characters are pretty good as well. I like Reid, and his relationship with Gideon - sort of a father son deal going on.

·
Registered
21,143 Posts
This episode, like all shows with an artificial deadline, really irritated me.

By 24 hours, most are dead. So they then "have to find her in the next 4 hours." Like the bad guy is sitting there looking at his watch and says "woops, it's been 24 hours. I have to kill you now."

·
I am Groot!
61,776 Posts
JETarpon said:
This episode, like all shows with an artificial deadline, really irritated me.

By 24 hours, most are dead. So they then "have to find her in the next 4 hours." Like the bad guy is sitting there looking at his watch and says "woops, it's been 24 hours. I have to kill you now."
It's not just TV shows, it's 99% of all human beings, who mistake statistics for facts.

That's right! 99% of all human beings!

But seriously, I like this show too. It's quiet quality, which makes me nervous that 99% of all human beings aren't noticing it--how are the ratings?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I also love this show and all the characters. This is one of the few fall premiered show that I still have a season pass for. Mandy is great.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Rob Helmerichs said:
But seriously, I like this show too. It's quiet quality, which makes me nervous that 99% of all human beings aren't noticing it--how are the ratings?
Actually the ratings are quite high considering its up against Lost.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm liking this show as well. I found it as re-runs over the holidays and now have a season pass. A good catch I think.

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
Like most shows I watch I have to TiVo them first. Otherwise the commercials break your concentration. Not to mention you can watch the whole thing in ~44 minutes. :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like it too. I've had the SP from the pilot, and it's one of only a couple that have survived this season.

·
Grumpy Poster
56,648 Posts
For some reason, the critics really hate it, calling it cliched and derivative and utterly unoriginal.

I say to those critics: Sit on it. I like it. Oh, yes, more Lola Glaudini, please.

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
I like the show, but I find their "gimmick" annoying. That thing they do with an agent talking about a profile and having them walk around a green-screened visualization of the profile... it got old pretty quickly.

·
I wanna Rock
9,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rob Helmerichs said:
It's not just TV shows, it's 99% of all human beings, who mistake statistics for facts.

That's right! 99% of all human beings!

Well, here's a shocker, (to me, anyway).

According to IMDb, for the week of 1/5/06, a special Thursday airing was at the #10 spot.

And for the week of 12/21/05 it was actually at #5.

http://webtv.imdb.com/title/tt0452046/news

Usually, the stuff I like doesn't do all that well. :)

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts