TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Early Adoptersaurus
1,042 Posts
Yeah, that among others, are things I wish we could do online that we currently can't.

Another nice thing would be remote deletions. Either being able to delete a show on one TiVo from another TiVo, or online. But I guess if it was possible to delete a show online, that means that TiVo online scheduling would have to be able to read the contents of your box, and I'm guessing that would open up all sorts of privacy issues or something.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Tivo website is not realtime anyhow. If you make a season pass it will not add to your list until overnight. It would probably be the same with the list of items in your recently deleted folder. I think you need to setup your own HTTP to your box and leave Tivo's site out of the mix.

· tivo_xml developer
1,818 Posts
Soapm said:
Tivo website is not realtime anyhow. If you make a season pass it will not add to your list until overnight. It would probably be the same with the list of items in your recently deleted folder. I think you need to setup your own HTTP to your box and leave Tivo's site out of the mix.
It's not realtime, but not necessarily overnight. From the Online Scheduling FAQ:
How soon before a show airs can I schedule a recording?

For the fastest response, connect your TiVo Series2 DVR to broadband and request a show as soon as 1 hour before it airs. If your TiVo Series2™ box connects to the TiVo service through a regular phone line, you can request a show up to 36 hours before it is scheduled to air.

Note: If you're using a regular phone line and know you have pending TiVo Online Scheduling requests, you can manually connect to the TiVo service by going to TiVo Central > TiVo Messages & Setup > Settings > Phone & Network Setup. Connecting to the TiVo service sends your scheduling requests to your Series2 DVR, but this step could take multiple connection attempts.

· Registered
1,801 Posts
gonzotek said:
For the fastest response, connect your TiVo Series2 DVR to broadband and request a show as soon as 1 hour before it airs. If your TiVo Series2™ box connects to the TiVo service through a regular phone line, you can request a show up to 36 hours before it is scheduled to air.
Didn't know this, how does it work? Does my Tivo phone home every hour or so or is their a port open so Tivo can trigger my box?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.