TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
It is much worse. They lied- it isn't JUST the VOD, which nobody cares about, but suddenly I cannot tune any of the HD channels that rely on the tuning adapter (SDV, switched digital video channels) . Those channels apparently are available but have moved to the channel number of the SD (low-def) equivalent.

For example, 1101 is Science HD. Now there is a message on the screen to manually select the same channel without the leading digit, so "101", and sure enough the HD channel (720p only, just like before, since that is what Cox thinks is HD) appears.

So it looks like Cox might be abandoning SDV? That is fine with me, since tuning adapters have caused nothing but major problems for me for many years. They constantly stop working and I have to spend countless hours trying to get them to "fix" it again and again.

But this is ONLY good if they map all the SDV channels to something always available. And in the meanwhile, my TiVo has no idea about this change, so the channel lineup is borked and I am losing all my planned recordings. I don't even know which channels are (were) SDV, since it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a listing of them anywhere (including by contacting Cox support).

I just found out about this tonight, so I will have to wait until tomorrow when I can ask TiVo if they plan to fix the lineup.

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
But this is ONLY good if they map all the SDV channels to something always available. And in the meanwhile, my TiVo has no idea about this change, so the channel lineup is borked and I am losing all my planned recordings. I don't even know which channels are (were) SDV, since it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a listing of them anywhere (including by contacting Cox support).
I started experimenting more. It seems EVERY channel in the 1000+ range is directing me to the 1-999 range. So it isn't just SDV, it is every HD channel? So now I can't tell if it is that they are dropping SDV, or if they are dropping all SD channels. What is going on??

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
Channel lineup here is still wrong, unfortunately.

I contacted Cox. They are not yet getting rid of SDV.
I contacted TiVo for support by phone, it took 15 minutes to explain to the front-line tech the issue with the channel lineup. She just didn't understand. I tried explaining it several ways.

Cox Hampton Roads massively changed their channel lineup and the TiVo doesn't match.
1101 Science HD is not valid anymore, but the TiVo shows it as valid
101 is showing as Science SD on the TiVo but it is supposed to be Science HD now.
There are many channels that are like that.

They forced me to waste tons of time rebooting the TiVo Roamio and the tuning adapter. Of course, it changed nothing. Then she wanted me to "Reset to Defaults"!!!! I said absolutely not! I just need a channel lineup update! OMG. I told her I am not willing to do that, it is too risky. She said she would enter a ticket and I would hear something in 7 to 14 days. 45 min on the phone. Sigh

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
cox uses the same software that the boxes they lease use to access ondemand.
Well, whatever they were using, the experience was majorly crappy. Everything was slow as molasses, it was hard to navigate, and the content was spare and very poor quality. Plus, of course, I believe most of the content contained unskippable commercials (am not not completely sure about that, hard to remember now).

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
Channel lineup here is still wrong, unfortunately.
[...] She said she would enter a ticket and I would hear something in 7 to 14 days. 45 min on the phone. Sigh
And now it is Friday, and my lineup is still wrong. Last night I spent 2 hours manually figuring out all the channels, and manually changing 100 season passes (yes, many were old and those programs don't exist) and then turning off all the hundreds of 1000+ range channels.

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
And now it is Friday, and my lineup is still wrong. Last night I spent 2 hours manually figuring out all the channels, and manually changing 100 season passes (yes, many were old and those programs don't exist) and then turning off all the hundreds of 1000+ range channels.
Yesterday afternoon, TiVo FINALLY pushed a channel lineup update for Cox Hampton Roads. And for some reason, it turned off ALL the lower channels I had manually turned on, so I had to go through the whole list and set everything yet again. Strange.

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
Yesterday afternoon, TiVo FINALLY pushed a channel lineup update for Cox Hampton Roads. And for some reason, it turned off ALL the lower channels I had manually turned on, so I had to go through the whole list and set everything yet again. Strange.
They finally responded to my ticket, saying it was resolved. The interesting part is this, which I didn't know, and the lady on the phone never mentioned:

"Thank you again for reporting this channel lineup issue. If you need to report a similar issue in the future, please visit www.tivo.com/lineup "

Which expands to: Tivo Customer Support Community

·
Veteran TiVo User
2,813 Posts
My solution to Cox was to cancel them and go with YouTube TV. Happy camper. Give it a try. :)
Last I checked YouTube TV was expensive (no way to drop sports, for example, making it almost as expensive as CATV), and did not support 5.1 sound (I have a Roku Ultra 4800x). Also not sure if the DVR and "season pass" experience is on-par with TiVo. And, it doesn't have even half the channels I watch- no History Channel, no Science channel, no SciFi channel, no NatGeo channel. Total fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts