replacing the cable card wasn't the problem; I didn't replace mine and the issue got resolved. they just say that when they don't know any better.Just checked, and my three systems seem to be back to normal operation…. I stopped by the Cox Store earlier, and they insisted that replacing themCableCards was resolving the issue.. I was skeptical. Unless somebody destroyed the pairing database…. Then replacing would”fix” the issue.
Also, I seem to recall from a previous time I was pairing CableCards - repairing seemed difficult because there was a time period required to de-activate the existing card. So it was easier to deactivate/unpair, then pair with a new one.
I guess I’ll cancel my service call for tomorrow afternoon.