TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got off the phone with Tivo. The fact that I have a Premiere never even came up. I asked what they are doing about the outage with Cox in RI. He said it is something that Cox is working on. He said that Tivo provides the guides and the recordings, but does not provide the signal for the channels, which is our local Cox provider. He said they got many phone calls on Tuesday morning (since they were already closed on Monday night when it actually happened) and that I was his second call today already. He said this issue has been a "call driver" which turns into a red alert for them. He said he had called Cox and they are working on the issue. He said when it is resolved, we would get a message from Tivo, which I asked how will we see it since we cannot even get to that screen. I assume this means the white Cox screen will disappear. Hopefully, this is sooner than later. If you have the time, it wouldn't hurt for all of you to call Cox, generate a ticket, and then call Tivo just so you can get in the count of the number of people with this issue.
Wonder if we will get a prorated refund of our monthly cable card rental...LOL...I am hilarious.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
If there a Cox 'Company Store' nearby, maybe it's time to ask for a 'test drive' of their Contour box until the issue is resolved! I believe they use an XG1V4(or similar) like the Xfinity X1. If you could get a 'test drive' of that particular box it might actually impress you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I was on with Cox for about an hour this morning, and basically got the same response as the rest of you, they're saying it's TiVo's fault. My question is why is this strictly a Rhode Island outage?????? What about the TiVo owners in other states who are Cox customers????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry, I meant the # for Cox
The number on my cable bill. Don't have it handy. Ask for the cable card dept and then for a higher technical support level to start a ticket for a known issue in RI between Cox and Tivo. Don't bother explaining the whole problem or you will waste your time. You want to get to the level that can generate the ticket.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If there a Cox 'Company Store' nearby, maybe it's time to ask for a 'test drive' of their Contour box until the issue is resolved! I believe they use an XG1V4(or similar) like the Xfinity X1. If you could get a 'test drive' of that particular box it might actually impress you!
I have their Contour box in my bedroom which is the only way I have been able to watch any live tv since Monday night. I prefer the Tivo interface, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, I was on with Cox for about an hour this morning, and basically got the same response as the rest of you, they're saying it's TiVo's fault. My question is why is this strictly a Rhode Island outage?????? What about the TiVo owners in other states who are Cox customers????
I am guessing it is not a Tivo problem; it is most likely a Cox issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
My live tv is BACK!!!! I just checked per the post above and it is working again. Thank gawd!
I am so grateful to have this forum so we could all compare notes! Thanks, everyone!!!
Yes, having this forum help to prevent me from screaming in frustration. Fingers crossed, I hope the solution keeps on working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My Cox repair guy texted me and said that the issue has been resolved. He asked me to check my channels and let him know if it was working okay, which was nice of him. When I asked the nature of the problem, he said this: "I was just told it was a software issue with TiVo Pertaining to the tuning adapter and cable card working."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just checked, and my three systems seem to be back to normal operation…. I stopped by the Cox Store earlier, and they insisted that replacing themCableCards was resolving the issue.. I was skeptical. Unless somebody destroyed the pairing database…. Then replacing would”fix” the issue.
Also, I seem to recall from a previous time I was pairing CableCards - repairing seemed difficult because there was a time period required to de-activate the existing card. So it was easier to deactivate/unpair, then pair with a new one.
I guess I’ll cancel my service call for tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
12,931 Posts
My Cox repair guy texted me and said that the issue has been resolved. He asked me to check my channels and let him know if it was working okay, which was nice of him. When I asked the nature of the problem, he said this: "I was just told it was a software issue with TiVo Pertaining to the tuning adapter and cable card working."
Well, Cox controls the software of the tuning adapter and the CC. Unless all of you had TiVo software updates at the exact same time on the same evening, I would think this was a COX issue not TiVo.

Plus, if it was a TiVo software issue, TiVo would need to push a new update to your device to fix it, and there’d be no way for your Cox tech to know that happened to advise you.

This was a Cox problem and Cox fix, plain and simple. If they tried to blame TiVo, they’re full of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That was super nice of him to follow up with you! Tivo told me they would send us a message on our Tivos when the issue was resolved, but they never did. I asked him how we would even see it unless the issue was resolved. LOL

21 - 40 of 61 Posts