TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cox tech guy just came to my house and said Cox has gotten a number of calls from people in Rhode Island with this same problem. Shortly after midnight on the evening of Monday, June 27, 2022, both of my TiVo units (a TiVo Bolt and a TiVo Premiere) began displaying a white screen telling me to "PLEASE TRY TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL" After several unsuccessful attempts and reboots, I finally had Cox come to the house, but he was told by his managers at Cox not to touch anything while they try to figure out the problem. Is anyone else in RI or elsewhere having this problem? Has anyone spoken to TiVo about it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did Cox say if they would contact you when they figured it out? Are you supposed to call them back? I haven't called Tivo, but I have a Premiere and they stopped providing live support for my device.
I doubt that Cox will be pro-active enough to call me with updated info, but the Cox repair guy gave me his work number. He said he'd bring it up at their meeting. I'm wondering if anyone has contacted TiVo and asked what they are doing to solve the problem with Cox in Rhode Island.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone called TiVo and asked how they are addressing this outage problem that many people in Rhode Island are having with Cox? I think it will be up to TiVo to solve the problem because Cox doesn't really seem to have a full understanding of the TiVo technology.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
My Cox repair guy texted me and said that the issue has been resolved. He asked me to check my channels and let him know if it was working okay, which was nice of him. When I asked the nature of the problem, he said this: "I was just told it was a software issue with TiVo Pertaining to the tuning adapter and cable card working."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
That was super nice of him to follow up with you! Tivo told me they would send us a message on our Tivos when the issue was resolved, but they never did. I asked him how we would even see it unless the issue was resolved. LOL
Exactly! How would you see any message if your screen is frozen?! And yes, it was considerate of the Cox repair guy to text me. My TiVo Bolt is still working OK now, knock on wood. A tech-savvy friend of mine who has TiVo with Verizon said something to the effect of this: Because Verizon doesn't use a separate cable card or tuning adaptor, it's less prone to problems. Apparently with Verizon, it's built in. I'm not sure if I'm recalling his words exactly. Perhaps someone with knowledge of Verizon could shed some light on this subject? I've been a faithful Cox customer for 23 years, but this latest episode has me wondering if I'd be better off switching to Verizon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts