TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
My Cox repair guy texted me and said that the issue has been resolved. He asked me to check my channels and let him know if it was working okay, which was nice of him. When I asked the nature of the problem, he said this: "I was just told it was a software issue with TiVo Pertaining to the tuning adapter and cable card working."
Well, Cox controls the software of the tuning adapter and the CC. Unless all of you had TiVo software updates at the exact same time on the same evening, I would think this was a COX issue not TiVo.

Plus, if it was a TiVo software issue, TiVo would need to push a new update to your device to fix it, and there’d be no way for your Cox tech to know that happened to advise you.

This was a Cox problem and Cox fix, plain and simple. If they tried to blame TiVo, they’re full of it.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
I have wanted to quit Cox, but I thought they were the only local option who had cable cards. So I thought I had to stay with them in order to keep using my Tivo (until it died a natural death anyway.) So, it is good to know if Verizon also supports Tivo.
Yes, Verizon Fios uses cablecards. Probably the most supportive of CC and easiest setup of any major cable company in the entire country.

They’ve supported cablecards for years.

And yes, I use them myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts