TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Posted in the another thread re same issue, then I found this one. Same symptoms. In Middletown, 3 systems went out early Tuesday morning. Chatted with Cox to no avail. Stopped by the Cox store in Middletown and swapped the tuning adapter (no change, surprise). Have a Bolt, Premiere, and HD…. It sometimes works if I unplug the power to the tuning adapter (on the Bolt system, haven’t found a workaround on the Premiere yet… except disconnecting the coax, but then you have no tv).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, I'm in RI and just had the Cox tech guy come to my house. Said they are working with Tivo right now to solve the bigger issue. Not sure what to do?? This is not the first time COX has had issues with TIVO. I had a Cox tech guy come out about a year ago who didn't know what a tuning adaptor was?? I had to go to the COX store and do it myself!!! Thinking of switching to FIOS.
Unfortunately, I don’t think that FIOS is available “on the island” (Aquidneck)…

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just checked, and my three systems seem to be back to normal operation…. I stopped by the Cox Store earlier, and they insisted that replacing themCableCards was resolving the issue.. I was skeptical. Unless somebody destroyed the pairing database…. Then replacing would”fix” the issue.
Also, I seem to recall from a previous time I was pairing CableCards - repairing seemed difficult because there was a time period required to de-activate the existing card. So it was easier to deactivate/unpair, then pair with a new one.
I guess I’ll cancel my service call for tomorrow afternoon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts