TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these are being re-aired now, does anyone know how many eps there are? I'm finding 13 on Google.

·
Reed & Juliet's CPA
10,158 Posts
I've got the DVD set.... there are 13 episodes
I - The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean
II - One Voice in the Cosmic Fugue
III - The Harmony of the Worlds
IV - Heaven and Hell
V - Blues for a Red Planet
VI - Travellers' Tales
VII - The Backbond of Night
VIII - Travels in Space and Time
IX - The Lives of the Stars
X - The Edge of Forever
XI - The Persistence of Memory
XII - Encyclopedia Galactica
XIII - Who Speaks for Earth?

Are they running the original PBS version or the "updated" version (with "corrections"/additions at the end of each episode' some done by his wife Ann Druyan

·
Banned
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheerdude Are they running the original PBS version or the "updated" version (with "corrections"/additions at the end of each episode' some done by his wife Ann Druyan[/QUOTE said:
Supposedly it the "updated" version... I won't know if there's a difference, but my dad will. I'm TiVoing and burning for him.

·
Father of Sam.
6,226 Posts
I'm not finding it in the upcoming schedule for the Science Channel. I see it earlier today, but not tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, etc. etc.

According to their website, there were 13 episodes. And the airing began Sept. 27th, and seem to have ended. :( I missed it.

·
Final answer?
700 Posts
It was the updated version. There was footage from the Voyager missions and computer technology etc that did not exist in 1980.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Lainie*H said:
I know these are being re-aired now, does anyone know how many eps there are? I'm finding 13 on Google.
Billions? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I don't get that channel either, but I understand it's an updated updated version. They've redone the special effects and animation for the new run.

·
I heard that
14,611 Posts
I watched all 13 episodes. Even after all these years and all the things we've learned since I found it fascinating and thought provoking.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
5thcrewman said:
Billions? :rolleyes:
Doh! I was scrolling through the thread hoping no one had made the joke yet.

I see I am too late. ;)

(I would have actually said "Billions and Billions..." though. ;) )

·
Final answer?
700 Posts
This series is starting up again on Saturday March 4, on both the Discovery Channel and the Science Channel.

·
Everyday is Saturday
6,221 Posts
Great Series.

I just bought all the DVDs for the series from some dude in Hong Kong.... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts