TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bolt's 500GB drive is starting to throw the occasional error (I pulled it and checked SMART stats) so I bought a new 1TB drive to replace it.

I read conflicting information about whether I will be able to copy its data to a new drive without needing to repair my cable card. I am running TE3 not TE4 if that makes any difference.

The strange thing is when I enter the cable card menu I see it is "unpaired". It is always listed that way, maybe it doesn't matter since I just have the "advanced basic" package without any premium channels? (Though I do see the premium channels when they do a free preview)

Just want to make sure I have as much info as possible before I do this, and I guess make sure I do it during the day on a weekday when it will be easier to reach support if I will need to get them to wrangle with my cable card.

Does the answer change based on how I copy the data? I was planning on using mfstools but if there is a better way that will avoid the need to call the cable company and wait on hold, then get transferred around to find someone who knows how to deal with customer cable cards I'm all ears!

· wait.. I did what?
15,512 Posts
There was no need to start the same discussion in another forum...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts