TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by rjcTivo04
Just as a thought. Would it be possible to convert a Phillips DSR7040 DirecTivo box into a Windows XP Media Center?
While you are at it, could you convert my fridge to also be a stove? I think it would save a lot of time if I could just cook things in there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is everyone in this community moody or something?
Yes.
The sad truth is with the advent of TiVo many of us have long since lost the need to leave the house thereby losing all sense of social skills.

I don't see why any box couldn't run Win XP MC. It's just XP with a few more features and a special video card. If i had the OS and bought a few small pieces of hardware I could turn my P3 into a Media Center.
A chip is not a chip is not a chip.

Software interacts with specific hardware (let's not get in to semantics about emulators here). That is why you can't go out and buy Mac OSX and run it on your Wintel box.

Very true, you can buy a few pieces of hardware and turn your P3 into a media center. The key part is the few pieces of hardware you purchase are designed to interact with the software (chicken before the egg... the software may be designed to interact with the hardware).

If you try to load XP on your TiVo, it will just say "huh?" and be even more antisocial than everyone here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.