TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, using mfstools 3.2 I mfscopied -ai original 500gb hdd to wd red 2tb for my TCD846500 Roamio HD. Kickstarting 57 causes continuous 3 screen cycle between starting up, almost there, green screen, with roughly 10 seconds at each screen.

I mfscopied -ai the original 500gb hdd to a wd blue 1tb and that worked successfully. I then erased the wd red 2tb and installed it in the tivo. Tivo accepted the drive, did a fresh start setup procedure and the clean drive works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why 500->2tb is failing for me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well firstly I have to say that doing mfscopy the third time but using -a instead of -ai seemed to do the trick. I do not know why.

First time I did mfscopy -ai it didnt work. Then I dd'd the drive to write zeros onto it, that took 3 days. I then ran wd diagnostics but cancelled half way in. Then I placed the zeroed drive into tivo to see if it would work at all as a clean drive and it did. After that mfscopy -ai didnt work again. Now doing mfscopy -a seemed to have worked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info there thanks! To follow up, as a final test I did mfscopy -a onto a 3TB wd red drive and everything worked first time. Must have been something to do with the -i option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right ok so I have more to add now. It is possible difference between -ai and -a was not the reason for my constant reboot problems. When I used -a I didnt start up tivo via KS57, instead just started it up. Now that I thought everything was good and proper, after tivo working for a few days, I screwed the hdd in and closed the box and started it via KS57 and I got the constant reboot scenario. Right now I started it with KS58, as per previous post, and am hoping that will work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KS58 fixed my reboot problem! Thanks. I think it wouldn't have mattered if I used -ai or -a for mfscopy, its the KS57 that was causing problems, which KS58 solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.