TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new... I know there are many posts about TiVo connection configurations, but I can't seem to locate one like mine. Can someone help me? I am connecting a TiVo (series2), a cable box, a DVD recorder, and a TV (with only a single RF input). I can get the TV and TIVo to work, but not the DVD to play or record. I really want the DVD to record my shows from TiVo. Thank you. RedCardinal

· Registered
2,642 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I transferred a program from my TVIO to my PC hard drive via TVIO Desktop. Then I copied the program file from my hard drive to my DVD burner connected to the PC. The resultant file on the DVD can't be read by my DVD reader.

I "know" the files are incompatible - and also know I could record to the DVD burner directly from the video output of the TVIO (except it is a USB DVD burner), but all this works well - and keeps the clutter out of my living room since the computer <==> TVIO link is wireless.

I presume I can restore the file from my PC to my TVIO and play it that way???

What do I have to do to convert the TVIO file I transferred to my PC to a format I can record on my USB DVD burner and play on my DVD player?

Thank you. Stu

· TiVo User since 2001
456 Posts
stuartbell said:
I transferred a program from my TVIO to my PC hard drive via TVIO Desktop. Then I copied the program file from my hard drive to my DVD burner connected to the PC. The resultant file on the DVD can't be read by my DVD reader.

I "know" the files are incompatible - and also know I could record to the DVD burner directly from the video output of the TVIO (except it is a USB DVD burner), but all this works well - and keeps the clutter out of my living room since the computer <==> TVIO link is wireless.

I presume I can restore the file from my PC to my TVIO and play it that way???

What do I have to do to convert the TVIO file I transferred to my PC to a format I can record on my USB DVD burner and play on my DVD player?

Thank you. Stu
Go to the TCF Home Media Features & TiVotoGo forum at:http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35
There are plenty of suggestions on how t o convert the TiVo files. I use "Direct Show Dump Utility" which is a freeware program available on the Internet at: http://prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.