TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
amys13 said:
after much trying, i gave up and sent my wireless adapter back. even with the wep key off and with the linksys router worked into the chain, i still could not get it to recognize the dhcp server. the 50ft phone cord stapled to the baseboard of my living room is much less of a hassle.

sorry i couldn't be of more help to those of you having the same issue!
I have the exact same problem as you and I have just spent most of the day on the phone with the same parties with the same degree of success you have had.. NONE... Tivo says that they do not support combo modem/routers, Verizon says their end works fine since I can access the 'Net, and Westell says they do not provide end user support!

I am totally frustrated as well but I have a question for you.... What version software are you running? I had 7.1a and it seemed to work but I got an "upgrade to 7.1b and now it does not at all. I am wondering if that could be the "source" since there have been so many other problems with this version.

I live in downtown DC and so I am not real thrilled with the prospect of running an open network here. I was going to try to see if I could piggyback on a neighbor but none of them have a strong enough signal on an unlocked network.

ARGHHHH!! I hate Comcast but that DVR is looking better and better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.