TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please help. I have an old sony directv Tivo SAT-T60. I love the unit, and it has no problems, but it is getting old. I am going to buy a second HD TV, and want TIVO on it. Here are the questions I have:
1. What is the lease/own issue starting March 31st?
2. The current HD models have TIVO, but the new ones won't? MPEG 4 only in the new models, so now new models with MPEG 4 will have TIVO?
3. If I buy a new std definition directv TIVO series 2, what capabilities do I have that I don't have with my old sony TIVO? Are they still available?

I know all these questions have been asked and talked about, elsewhere, I am just looking one place for an answer. Thanks. :)

·
DTV + Tvio = ;-)
766 Posts
1. See long thread about it. It is cost neutral (mirror becomes lease fee) and you will have to return equipment upon cancellation.

2. No new HD DVR from DTV yet. Certainly will NOT have TiVo.

3. Folders and faster. Get a refurb'd one for free now (no rebate) from DTV. See thread(s). Or order a new one for free with rebate from DTV, or local store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.