TiVo Community Forum banner
161 - 180 of 261 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
It isn't the same as "Unread Watched Threads". It shows all followed threads that are unread (which is the same) and it shows unread threads with new posts in followed forums (which is not the same).

I guess I could unfollow all the forums but from what others have posted that results in unread content from all the forums.
I don't follow any forums, and don't even know what that does. If there's a forum I want to "follow", I just click on it, and look at new threads. Then I Follow any specific threads that interest me. Maybe there's a better way?

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,122 Posts
Look what else I did fast! :)
Thanks for deleting the extra title! But I can do that from Account Settings too. The problem is, I can't delete or modify the original title. Right now the Custom Title field is blank, but my title from the old site is still displayed above the flag. And if I enter a new one, I just get a second title below the flag.

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts
Thanks for deleting the extra title! But I can do that from Account Settings too. The problem is, I can't delete or modify the original title. Right now the Custom Title field is blank, but my title from the old site is still displayed above the flag. And if I enter a new one, I just get a second title below the flag.
There's only one you can get to and a couple I can get to (don't ask). How about now?

·
TiVo Lover
258 Posts
This new theme... is gonna take some time to get used to.

The forum looks significantly more professional now, by the way.

·
Registered
26,124 Posts
is there a way to get back the old look?

Also, you used to be able to open the IIRC "bullet" from a thread to just go to the new posts from the last time you were here in that thread.. does that not exist anymore, or did it simply reset everything to ALL UNREAD?

It SEEMS like getting to different areas (e.g. from coffee house to now playing) is more steps or at least more "intrusive". I admit I didn't really like the old popup window-ish UI, but it was more streamlined than the new way of doing it..

Also it SEEMS like getting to my alerts is more steps/more cumbersome.. it used to be in a popup menu or I could go to the single page (then open the various alert threads in new tabs in my browser).. now I
1) bring up M popup menu
2) click Alerts
now I'm at a page where I can open new threads.. just seems weird?

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
If I haven’t opened a watched thread since the “upgrade”. It will open on a post July 2021. I can skip to the bottom of the thread but it is constantly going to July. The reason for that behavior intrigues me.

·
Premium Member
14,980 Posts
If I haven’t opened a watched thread since the “upgrade”. It will open on a post July 2021. I can skip to the bottom of the thread but it is constantly going to July. The reason for that behavior intrigues me.
They work correctly for me on the second open. First open takes me to the first post in the thread.

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts
I always recommend marking the entire site as read on day one to reset your read markers. Those tend to not import cleanly sometimes.

·
Cat God
16,615 Posts
I noticed Tapatalk issues right away. Earlier zero or threads forums would come up. Yesterday it appeared that all posts read were before July 2021. This morning, no threads or forums again. It is better now. I’ve changed nothing on my end.
Tapatalk is definitely working much better. I’m getting notifications again.

·
Premium Member
14,980 Posts
Many systems support more than one email address for contact. Is that being considered for TCF and it's new family of forums?

·
Librocubicularist
23,881 Posts
Is the bad words filter something we have control over in the new platform or is it standardized?

The reason I am asking is because I have seen several posts now where Comcast/NBC streaming platform that starts with Pea and ends with a name for a rooster gets censored, and adding an exception for that might be good on a platform where we talk a lot about tv and streaming.

Peacock

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts
Is the bad words filter something we have control over in the new platform or is it standardized?

The reason I am asking is because I have seen several posts now where Comcast/NBC streaming platform that starts with Pea and ends with a name for a rooster gets censored, and adding an exception for that might be good on a platform where we talk a lot about tv and streaming.

Peacock
Fixed.

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
I would love a color scheme halfway between "full bore bright as the sun" and "Total darkness of space." Something with less contrast between the background and type.
Yes completely agree! I've really tried to embrace dark mode everywhere but there are sometimes it is too much and for some reason it was too much for me here so I've switched back already.

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts
Many systems support more than one email address for contact. Is that being considered for TCF and it's new family of forums?
As of right now, there's only one email field in each user's profile.

·
Excellent.
22,769 Posts
Minor bit of site housekeeping:

I'm probably in a small minority here, but I keep TCF in a Safari pinned tab. Proper support of pinned tabs requires that the site specify a "mask icon", which is different than the site's favicon. The old version of TCF had a nice single-color silhouetted one of the TiVo Guy, a la the Twitter bird in my screenshot below. The new version's mask icon is out of compliance with Apple's specifications for such things, but regardless of that, it's... ugly.

I'm not even sure it's fully implemented as it comes and goes depending on which page I am on. (When no mask icon is specified, Safari just uses the first letter of the site's name, so on a lot of pages I just see a "T".)

Anyway, low priority of course, but could an admin work up a mask icon that looks good and drop it in the right place at some point?

161 - 180 of 261 Posts