TiVo Community Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Hinky
31,481 Posts
Tapatalk has always been very iffy for me (for years). Sometimes it works great, sometimes, it just spins. Also, twitter links do not work in it - I keep getting an error that there is no handler for application. I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the official twitter app - as well as other apps. Nothing works. I decided it was an issue with either Tapatalk or TCF. But my googling shows I'm probably the only one with the issue, as I find nothing.

I have started using the mobile browser more - it's more useable on the new software than the old one.

·
Connoisseur
11,494 Posts
I had to completely rest Tapatalk for this changeover. Sign out of all forums, remove the forums from the app, sign out if the app, delete the app, then reinstall and rebuild.

Even then, it’s iffy. Sometimes it refreshes promptly, sometimes not. Sometimes the screen is totally black and I have to force quit the app.

But this thread isn’t a Tapatalk thread.

·
Administrator
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Other users who had this issue found that if they logged out of Tapatalk (you may want to force close the app in your app settings on your device) and cleared the cache for the app that they were able to log back in. Can you try this and let me know if it helps?

Tapatalk is a 3rd party app, so I do not have a lot of control over it.

The following tips may help though.
  • Make sure you have the most recent release of Tapatalk.
  • Remove this forum from the app.
  • Clear the Tapatalk cache.
  • Force close Tapatalk.
  • Reopen Tapatalk and add this forum back in. back in.
Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet? The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Check it out and let me know what you think!

- Cricket

·
Administrator
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
The site will be transitioning from the dedicated support team (who works primarily with helping members transition to the new platform) over to our regular tech support team. Although this means it may take us a bit longer to respond to your questions, we will continue to be here for you and the community.

- Community Management Team

281 - 288 of 288 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.