TiVo Community Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 288 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Another wishlist item. Could there be a "Thank you for posting" (however worded) independent of the Like button?

It seems as if like Like is doing multiple duty as a reaction and very often one does not want to "Like" something (e.g. an awful news event) but would like to thank the poster for posting about it.

·
Administrator
9,458 Posts
Anybody else having a problem with FireFox/Win10?
I had to dust off FF (don't trust it anymore) but it looks fine with Win10.

• Sad
Reactions: JandS

·
Señor Member
80,644 Posts
Another wishlist item. Could there be a "Thank you for posting" (however worded) independent of the Like button?

It seems as if like Like is doing multiple duty as a reaction and very often one does not want to "Like" something (e.g. an awful news event) but would like to thank the poster for posting about it.
Why not use one of the other reactions?
Smile Plant Font Screenshot Logo

·
Premium Member
809 Posts

You can always use the SAD 🙁 instead.

·
Señor Member
80,644 Posts
I get the distinction, but at least we have a bunch of options now, not just Like. Thanks is just another reaction, but it did not make the list.

·
Administrator
9,458 Posts
What version of FF did you try? I'm 96.0.1 (64-bit) it updated yesterday the 14th.
Worked fine on both 95 & 96.

·
I am Groot!
62,752 Posts

There are now a number of different "Likes" you can give a post...such as the one I just gave yours.

[edit] Oops, didn't see the following page!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Anybody else having a problem with FireFox/Win10? It just started this morning about 8:30am PST, the page layouts are all wacked up. I don't use any of the scripting mods and have disabled NoScript completely but no joy yet.

It starts with huge page-filling Tivo community logo then it just flashes away and the push notification wording with scrambled design comes up but I can't click on any of the "no" "never buttons" so after that nothing works.

Chrome is ok.
@Mike Lang, I'm pasting two screenshots from FF 96.0.1 (64-bit) of the HH forum as compared to the SubaruOutback.org forum. TCF doesn't work, SubaruOutback works perfectly, the same as it always has for me.

1. The TCF is a link to the grocery thread.
  2. Note that I zoomed down to 30% to show that the still page-size TCF logo is superimposed on the actual thread itself, as shown by the aqua arrow.
  3. The javascript choices Enable Push Notification Not Now Never don't work to dismiss the dialog box. They highlight or underline, but don't do anything.
I suppose it's possible that if there were the same push notification dialog on the Subie forum it, too, would cause the same lockup in FF. However, the push notification did NOT cause this lockup yesterday, I was able to dismiss the dialog just fine and it did not expand to fit page size. Could it be that the push notification was changed somehow between last night and prior to 8.30am PST Saturday?

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Software
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,468 Posts
@Mike Lang, I'm pasting two screenshots from FF 96.0.1 (64-bit) of the HH forum as compared to the SubaruOutback.org forum. TCF doesn't work, SubaruOutback works perfectly, the same as it always has for me.

1. The TCF is a link to the grocery thread.
  2. Note that I zoomed down to 30% to show that the still page-size TCF logo is superimposed on the actual thread itself, as shown by the aqua arrow.
  3. The javascript choices Enable Push Notification Not Now Never don't work to dismiss the dialog box. They highlight or underline, but don't do anything.
I suppose it's possible that if there were the same push notification dialog on the Subie forum it, too, would cause the same lockup in FF. However, the push notification did NOT cause this lockup yesterday, I was able to dismiss the dialog just fine and it did not expand to fit page size. Could it be that the push notification was changed somehow between last night and prior to 8.30am PST Saturday?

View attachment 67798 View attachment 67799
I just updated Firefox to 96.0.1 (64-bit) and opened that link, then switched to 30% zoom, and all looks fine for me. Could something else you have installed be affecting it?

Photograph Product Font Operating system Screenshot

·
Administrator
9,458 Posts
@JandS - Since this is an isolated issue with your own device/browser, please use another thread to trouble shoot. We want to keep this thread focused.

Thanks

Reactions: JandS

·
Cat God
17,212 Posts
Is there a way to make the contrast between read and unread threads in dark mode easier to see. The “bold” white is pretty close to the normal white. I think the main problem though is that the poster, date and forum name in a read post is also bolded. I can tell the difference between read and unread threads, but it takes more effort than just glancing at the list. For example:

Sky Font Magenta Circle Logo

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,468 Posts
Is there a way to make the contrast between read and unread threads in dark mode easier to see. The “bold” white is pretty close to the normal white. I think the main problem though is that the poster, date and forum name in a read post is also bolded. I can tell the difference between read and unread threads, but it takes more effort than just glancing at the list. For example:

View attachment 67808
Assuming you're using Hank's Tampermonkey script? If so, wrong thread. But changing the line that does the read-thread adjustment to this may help you.

Code:
    $('.structItem--is-read').parent().parent().parent().css("font-weight","normal").css("opacity","0.5");

·
Cat God
17,212 Posts
Assuming you're using Hank's Tampermonkey script? If so, wrong thread. But changing the line that does the read-thread adjustment to this may help you.

Code:
$('.structItem--is-read').parent().parent().parent().css("font-weight","normal").css("opacity","0.5");
I’m not using any scripts as I’m using a tablet. This is what shows up by default in “dark mode”.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Agreed with the above. The difference between read and unread threads in dark mode is minimal, which makes it difficult to differentiate between them. I am also not using any scripts to modify the site.

221 - 240 of 288 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.