181 - 200 of 261 Posts

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,122 Posts
There's only one you can get to and a couple I can get to (don't ask). How about now?
Thanks! Now it's working. And I think I understand why: our original custom titles (if any) were imported into the field intended for "Registered", "Administrator", etc., and users cannot edit that field. The new user-edible custom title field is below that, after the flag. Yes?

I suggest looking into a script to make this swap for everyone who has an imported custom title, because doing that manually upon request seems like a pain. (Also... it would work better to have the custom title directly after the screen name, but that's probably deeper coding not scripting so maybe too much to ask. And "Registered" seems unnecessary. But now I'm probably getting too deep into the weeds.)

Thank you for your support!

·
Connoisseur
11,413 Posts
For me (iOS) , Tapatalk’s Participated tab works as expected, but Subscribed loads nothing at all.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,122 Posts
Minor bit of site housekeeping:

I'm probably in a small minority here, but I keep TCF in a Safari pinned tab. Proper support of pinned tabs requires that the site specify a "mask icon", which is different than the site's favicon. The old version of TCF had a nice single-color silhouetted one of the TiVo Guy, a la the Twitter bird in my screenshot below. The new version's mask icon is out of compliance with Apple's specifications for such things, but regardless of that, it's... ugly.

I'm not even sure it's fully implemented as it comes and goes depending on which page I am on. (When no mask icon is specified, Safari just uses the first letter of the site's name, so on a lot of pages I just see a "T".)

Anyway, low priority of course, but could an admin work up a mask icon that looks good and drop it in the right place at some point?

I keep TCF in a pinned tab too. They improved the favicon a little yesterday, but I guess the old one is still in your cache.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
I know it has been mentioned, but I really miss ignore threads.
I've been adapting to the changes, and learning to live with them, and looking for the best way to use TCF under the new software.

But this is one I really miss. Really really miss. It did more to "reduce the noise" than any other setting.

• Love
Reactions: jasrub

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
For me (iOS) , Tapatalk’s Participated tab works as expected, but Subscribed loads nothing at all.

Anyone else?
I'm on Android Tapatalk Pro. The Subscribed tab is working as expected.

The only issue I'm having is still needing to log back in frequently.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
How do I delete a post, it was an option in the old forum software, but I don’t see how to do it with the new software (and excuse me if this has already been asked here)

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts
How do I delete a post, it was an option in the old forum software, but I don’t see how to do it with the new software (and excuse me if this has already been asked here)
As mentioned previously, a couple things switched. You can now edit your own thread titles without reporting your post for a mod to handle but you cannot delete posts. You can either edit the post to read "deleted" and/or report it for a mod.

Reactions: Tony_T

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts
You guys can search this thread for previous posts by typing in the search bar and choosing "this thread" in the dropdown. :)

·
Librocubicularist
23,881 Posts

Anyone else?
Subscribed works fine for me on there... I have been using it more because I haven't had time yet to address some of the UI/UX issues with Tampermonkey.

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
For all the people that really, really want to ignore a thread, you can use Stylebot to hide a thread. I used it to hide the pinned threads. I'm not saying it's the easiest method, but it does work. You'd have to add them one by one and update the code to add a new thread to hide. Obviously it would only work in browsers where you have the extension, so it doesn't work for me on mobile.

Open Stylebot, code tab, click the select box, then hover over the left side of the thread until you see the code that looks like this.

Sky Purple Rectangle Water Violet

Then add, " display: none;" in the brackets in the code like this

Rectangle Purple Smile Violet Font

·
Cat God
16,615 Posts

Anyone else?
I had to delete the app and reinstall it to get it to work properly. I had tried logging out and clearing the cache, but that didn’t work.

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,179 Posts
I'm sure this has been asked already but I can't find it. How do we remove our previously-customized user titles? Seems no longer possible?

Am I destined to be labelled Bo55man69* forever?

When I go into settings to change the custom title, it just adds text, doesn't remove the old:

Also, is the American flag required for display?

* the dumb boss' password in Ready Player One

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,122 Posts
I'm sure this has been asked already but I can't find it. How do we remove our previously-customized user titles? Seems no longer possible?

Am I destined to be labelled Bo55man69* forever?

When I go into settings to change the custom title, it just adds text, doesn't remove the old:

Also, is the American flag required for display?

* the dumb boss' password in Ready Player One
Right now @Mike Lang has to remove the old custom title for you. I'm guessing these were imported into the wrong field, which is supposed to indicate the user level ("Registered", "Administrator", etc.)

After that is fixed for you, as you've discovered we're supposed to use the Custom Title field in Account Settings to add what we want under the flag.

The flag thing is common on a lot of forums lately, and fun on forums with people from all over the world. Hover over it to see a user's location within that country, if they've supplied one.

·
Administrator
9,205 Posts
Reactions: Fofer

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,179 Posts
I nuked it.
Thanks.

If you disable location details, there's no flag.
I've never entered location details:

Jaw Font Helmet Screenshot Brand

However setting "View your location details when you post" to "Nobody" in the privacy settings, took care of it. That's probably what you meant.
Anyway, maybe this will help someone else out there...

181 - 200 of 261 Posts