TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This recently started.... When the "Press D" shows up on the screen to skip commercials, I'm suddenly hearing a chime. This started a week or two ago. It never happened before.

Anyone else hearing this? Can I turn it off?

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
This recently started.... When the "Press D" shows up on the screen to skip commercials, I'm suddenly hearing a chime. This started a week or two ago. It never happened before.

Chime has always been there, but you would only hear it if the audio output was PCM. It is not output over Dolby Digital audio.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts

I've heard it from the beginning. I found it so annoying I went to preferences and turned off all sound effects. So it's weird when I've been doing something on another TiVo to not hear any sound effects on my Roamio.

On a related subject, last night I watched the Thursday night Fox shows that I record and the message to skip commercials always came early.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.