TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
If I recall correctly, CiC has been steadily losing ratings since it's debut. Leave it to ABC to kill another golden goose. :rolleyes:

·
I'm back!
34,385 Posts
The ratings have been slipping because the plausibility of the show was slipping. I watched about 15 minutes of the last episode. After the soireee abourd AF1 I said "that's it" (having also read a synopsis of the plot of that episode) and hit delete.

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts
This show sucks....I can't stand what's her name, Geena Davis. She has to be the most unlikeable actress around. Good riddance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Truly disapointing. Someone sent the link to me this AM and I thought it was a joke. Geena Davis is a true talent and Donald Sutherland hasn't has such an appropriate part in years.

Only new show of the season I've been hooked on, and I'm greatly irritated with ABC that they aren't giving new series time to develop. They have the Lost/Housweives/Grey's Anatomy trifecta going for them, and it seems as if they won't stand for anything that isn't in that ratings league. CiC could have approached that level, but only if they stopped retooling the show enough for an audience to find it.

AC

·
Registered
877 Posts
Quoth an article:
and [ABC's] new dramatic show this season, "Commander in Chief," which was already beginning to decline, has been devastated by the competition with "Idol" in the last two weeks.
I think Idol is the reason they're moving CiC.

·
The Question
11,580 Posts
Bierboy said:
This show sucks....I can't stand what's her name, Geena Davis. She has to be the most unlikeable actress around.
Do you participate in all threads for shows that you don't watch in order to criticize the show and the lead actor?

·
Registered
231 Posts
mrmike said:
Care to enlighten the rest of us on who you consider a good actress?
I'm curious as well, LOL.

However, t has surprised me since this show has begun airing and her name has come up more regularly that Geena Davis is a much more polarizing as a celebrity than I realized. I've always found her intensely watchable, even in "bad" films - apparently some people just dislike her. She's smart, beautiful, and funny...personally, can't really think of a more generally attractive actress out there (or one more appropriate to this role). I guess everyone is different. ;)

It's odd, I can't find any press on this other than the People story, and blogs linking to it. Yahoo News, E! Online, and other such sites have yet to pick it up. The ratings have declined, but not at huge levels...it's not a runaway hit, but it's still one of ABC's higher rated programs (after the big three, of course).

AC

·
Registered
85 Posts
mrmike said:
Care to enlighten the rest of us on who you consider a good actress?
No, because it doesn't matter. It is all subjective. Just because I can't stand her in her acting roles doesn't mean I have anything against her personally. She is not attractive or appealing to me. A sweet rose to one man is just a stinking flower with thorns to another.

·
Excellent.
22,789 Posts
audiocrawford said:
Only new show of the season I've been hooked on, and I'm greatly irritated with ABC that they aren't giving new series time to develop. They have the Lost/Housweives/Grey's Anatomy trifecta going for them, and it seems as if they won't stand for anything that isn't in that ratings league. CiC could have approached that level, but only if they stopped retooling the show enough for an audience to find it.
I don't watch the show, but I clicked into the thead as I just finished reading a feature piece on CiC in the current Entertainment Weekly. I don't get the idea that ABC is giving up on the show at all. If they were, I don't think they'd have given the reins to a TV heavyweight like Bocho, who likewise wouldn't have taken them without some assurances that he'd be given time to craft the show he wants.

Certainly the ratings were hurt by the show's long layoff in December and early January, and coming back against Idol didn't help, either. In the EW article, ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson "admits he's concerned about the [ratings] drop-off, and is looking for a scheduling remedy. 'I think it was [on hiatus] for so long, and it's a competitive time period. We love the show. We think it's going to be with us for a long time. We want to get some more traction back. We'd also like to get it a better lead-in. [Sitcoms] Rodney and According to Jim have been incompatible.'"

I haven't always had faith in ABC's intentions (see Karen Sisco from a couple of seasons ago) but I think this move is a good-faith effort on their part to re-launch the show strongly in a better timeslot, and with a string of new episodes through the end of the season, rather than let it limp along where it is.

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts
icmoney said:
No, because it doesn't matter. It is all subjective. Just because I can't stand her in her acting roles doesn't mean I have anything against her personally. She is not attractive or appealing to me. A sweet rose to one man is just a stinking flower with thorns to another.
Exactly....

Amnesia said:
Do you participate in all threads for shows that you don't watch in order to criticize the show and the lead actor?
Nope. Only the ones I've watched....and then decide I can't stand.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I watch the show, but I won't miss it like I will West Wing. The last episode with the kids all over the White House was totally unbelievable. They needed to find an insider like WW had to keep them from looking so stupid.

·
Back by popular demand
14,325 Posts
Precisely what kpurcell said. I actually ff'ed through all that plotline, which I have never done in any show.
The show is just not "smart" like WW has been. If I had not upgraded my Tivos, this show wouldn't even be on there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We just remove it from our SP because of the Air Force One episode. My wife said to remove it.

Go ahead and flame me if you want. I am not a fan of Ms. Davis either. I think her acting the part of the President is terrible. Maybe it is the writers fault and not hers. The only thing that she did that I thought she was believable in was "A League Of Their Own".

You have to admit that the story plots have gone down hill and are so predictable. This show is not even close to the level of West Wing and maybe that is why it is having a hard time keeping viewers. The kids have got to go, the husband running the White House is stupid, and Donald Sutherland must go back to being a party leader and not her puppet trying to be the "new" VP.

Sorry, this show just doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's me again.

If West Wing is hard core, then this show is soft core.

All fluff and no substance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like it. It's a nice escape from the real world.

I'll agree with the others though, the kids parts are getting to me.

John

1 - 20 of 32 Posts