TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered Snoozer
7,837 Posts
Don't see how somebody can assess it as losing steam. It's been off the air since end of November. This was only the second episode (two parter at that) since returning to the air. And only the 11th episode overall.

·
Registered Snoozer
7,837 Posts
canoebuildah said:
The premise is unrealistic; the US Navy with has sumbersibles that can rescue submariners from any nations sub. The US Air Force has C-5's that can transport said submersibles anywhere in the world on short notice. I can't see anyway that the US would turn to China for assistance like it was proposed in this story line.
Well, cargo planes usually have to get permission to fly through airspace of non-allied countries or countries we're allies of but don't have an airspace agreement with. A flight around the world takes a long time; especially when it's not as the crow flys. And if the submersibles are already deployed in some other ocean or at some naval base that's more for research/training and thus isn't near an air strip, then it's going to take a while to get them on to a cargo plane, let alone actually move them.

What bothered me more was just how quickly things escalated to a near war with nukes. I know many consider NK's Kim Jong to be pretty much "certifiable", but geez.

·
Registered Snoozer
7,837 Posts
IJustLikeTivo said:
What non-allied space are we talking? They leave the west coast, they fly to Japan they unload?
The post I was replying to was about submersibles anywhere in the world and did not assume they were on the west coast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.