TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Series 2 40 hour for over a year, and I'm just returning back to Tivo after an absence of a couple months. I grabbed th 180 hour dual tuner Series 2 box. While I was gone, I used the Moto 6412 box. Anyway, I had a couple questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me. I did a search several times, but didn't come up with anything useful.

1> I'm sure I knew the in the past, and I'm completely drawing a blank. Is there not a way to skip more than 30 minutes at a time in the guide? I don't think there was specifically a +/- Days option, but I don't recall having to press the button 48 times to get to the next day. Sorry for the noob question, but I've pressed everything, and this is driving me nuts.

2> This one is new to me, because it's the first time I've had a dual tuner. So I went through and added all my channels in the channel list. And now everything shows up twice in the guide. Even though I'm getting those channels from two sources, they are still the same channel. Why are they showing up twice? Is there a way to get rid of that, short of favoriting one of each and viewing your favorites? Seems a bit odd. I'm obviously wanting to change the channel to whichever tuner I'm currently on, so listing both seems a little redundant to me.

Thanks in advance! :)

·
The Dude abides
7,297 Posts
I don't have a DT so I can't answer the second question, but as for your first....

When you are in the guide, you press either Enter or Info (I forget which, and I am at work without my TiVo) and that will bring up a screen where you can select the day, time, category, etc. that you want to see on the guide.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Saberj said:
2> This one is new to me, because it's the first time I've had a dual tuner. So I went through and added all my channels in the channel list. And now everything shows up twice in the guide. Even though I'm getting those channels from two sources, they are still the same channel. Why are they showing up twice? Is there a way to get rid of that, short of favoriting one of each and viewing your favorites? Seems a bit odd. I'm obviously wanting to change the channel to whichever tuner I'm currently on, so listing both seems a little redundant to me.

Thanks in advance! :)
You are recieving channels 1-71 from 2 different sources. Basic cable & digital cable box. The are labeled cbl and box. To avoid recording conflicts it's best to only select the cbl version for these channels. You do tis by going to Settings - Channels - Channel list then use the select button to deselect the box labeled channels.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wilcotree said:
You are recieving channels 1-71 from 2 different sources. Basic cable & digital cable box. The are labeled cbl and box. To avoid recording conflicts it's best to only select the cbl version for these channels. You do tis by going to Settings - Channels - Channel list then use the select button to deselect the box labeled channels.
Oh, ok. So I don't need to set it up for both versions in order to dual record? I take it that it's because it can dual record the analog stations? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.