TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
I
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MarkSFCA said:
I was wondering who was going to be the first to post this.

Any word on pricing yet? I don't live in Boston area but I'm curious. I own TiVo stock. Hopefully it goes up tomorrow.
careful what you say about that on this board. Its a no no. But I do agree with you for the same reason :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
How does one go about getting this? I live in Massachusetts, right outside of Boston. I got the comcast DVR the other day to replace my finally dead Tivo. I'm dying for the TiVo software! Do I go down to the comcast office and request a box and remote, or do I just wait?

I thought it was a software update for the current motorola box, but I may be wrong. Also, I thought the TiVo style remote was going to be included with the service...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Steve1496 said:
How does one go about getting this? I live in Massachusetts, right outside of Boston. I got the comcast DVR the other day to replace my finally dead Tivo. I'm dying for the TiVo software! Do I go down to the comcast office and request a box and remote, or do I just wait?

I thought it was a software update for the current motorola box, but I may be wrong. Also, I thought the TiVo style remote was going to be included with the service...
Dude, call Comcast and ask for it . . . and report back.

·
I
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve1496 said:

Keep calling your local comcast office and ask them for this service. Yes it is for current motorola boxes and you will get a TiVo style remote mailed to you. Please let us know how you make out with getting the TiVo software.

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
It's NOT here. Two people I trust have indicated this is a friends and family of employees dealio. When service is available for real, wouldn't they reveal something about pricing or launch a web page or issue a press release?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dave, I have no doubt the vagueness of the news release today is because of exactly what you said. However, since they did not spell it out in the release, they deserve to get hundreds of calls quoting the release and asking for a specific answer.

I am very curious to see how "imminent" this roll-out is for New England.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
MarkSFCA said:
I was wondering who was going to be the first to post this.

Any word on pricing yet? I don't live in Boston area but I'm curious. I own TiVo stock. Hopefully it goes up tomorrow.
Careful, no stock talk.

But anyone interested in Tivo's financial performance is going to want to see what the Comcast-driven subscription numbers are going to be for a quarter or two to see what the impact to Tivo is going to be.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I haven't been able to find any press release that would indicate it could be the basis for the story that's linked in the first post (and repeated by AP) - anyone got anthing "official" from Comcast or Tivo?

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
jfh3 said:
I haven't been able to find any press release that would indicate it could be the basis for the story that's linked in the first post (and repeated by AP) - anyone got anthing "official" from Comcast or Tivo?
Some media were emailed a statement earlier today and, when pinged, this is what TiVo provided to me on behalf of themselves and Comcast:

"We are pleased to confirm that the first non Comcast employees have the new TiVo service, and that the rollout in the New England region will continue throughout the next few months."

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2007-10/did-the-comcast-tivo-really-launch/

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
roll out starts mid November - of course it is a roll out so do not look for it to be all over at once. Say high to the CSR for me :)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
davezatz said:
Some media were emailed a statement earlier today and, when pinged, this is what TiVo provided to me on behalf of themselves and Comcast:

"We are pleased to confirm that the first non Comcast employees have the new TiVo service, and that the rollout in the New England region will continue throughout the next few months."

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2007-10/did-the-comcast-tivo-really-launch/
Thanks. My bad. I didn't check ZNF or TL - figured either you or Mega would have the scoop.

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
I'm ticked.

In the past our cable company used SA boxes, and it was SA boxes I turned in when the last few scrambled analog channels were gone.

Now I find out they've switched to Motorola boxes...you know...the ones that won't be getting the TiVo software anytime soon?

1 - 20 of 231 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.