TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say this was a horrible experience. Comcast came out to install my cable. They were 3 hours late, The guy brought the wrong cable boxes. Needless to say he had an HD box with him so I was gonna temporarily take that one. He couldn't even figure out how to install it. I kicked him out of my house and called up comcast customer service and told them to never contact me even if they want to offer me free cable. They then gave me HSI for 19.99 a month for a year which I will keep. I should of never considered leaving DIRECTV. Then again lately Directvs customer service has not been too pleasant. The best retention would offer me to stay is 6 months of showtime and I would have to sign another one year contract. I guess nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fortunately my company pays for my high speed internet so I dont really care what the price is. Has anyone in NJ noticed a speed increase. My HSI seems quite a bit faster as of recently.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well I changed my mind again after speaking with a directv csr. They are just nasty. So I am going to give the comcrap installer another shot. Price is still much lower then Directv. Until Directv can give me HD for the same cost as I am paying for their service now I am leaving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well comcast finally installed the cable correctly after 3 tries. I want to say I am pleased with the functionality of the Scientific Atlanta. The season pass manager is not as pretty as tivo but it has all the functionality that a tivo has. You can tape 2 shows at once and you only need one cable. And it does have a season pass manager just not as simple as tivo. The one thing that really made me sold on this was the fact I am a sports fanatic and sports on HD is just incredible looking. Overall, I think DTV is better. But since I am getting this for 40 bucks a month with hbo showtime and 2 HD DVRs for a year its a steal of a deal. Hopefully next year Directv will have a similar deal that you dont have to pay a grand to get HD with tivo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.