TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by NJStealth
Then again lately Directvs customer service has not been too pleasant. The best retention would offer me to stay is 6 months of showtime and I would have to sign another one year contract. I guess nothing is perfect.
I don't understand this mentality that some peole seem to have that DirecTV (or Dish or whoever else) should give you free programming or equipment if you threaten to leave.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by GaryGnu
Depends on how you look at it. These companies are making money from us, no matter what they give away, or they wouldn't do it. Honestly, I had a bit of a problem calling and asking for the free tivo from a company that gives me such good service. In the end, I did it. Other people go farther. I don't fault them for it. How many times in our lives have we paid a fee, a tax, or an extra charge? How many times are "rates raised"? It just seems that no matter what I do, or where I go, someone is trying to take my money for some reason or the other, and many times it seems they do it "just because they can." So I don't fault people for trying to get as much free stuff as they can. It helps balance things out a bit.
There's nothing wrong with asking, and nothing wrong if they do it. But some people seem to have this sense of entitlement that "I've been a customer for 2 years so they should give me free stuff" and then get all pissy when they don't get it. The original poster even said that they offered him free programming but it wasn't enough. What did he want - three years of every premium channel for free?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.