TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
895 Posts
At times, yes, but there's some things to like about Comcast....

1) 24-7 tech support and customer service. I once had an issue on Saturday night and had a tech in my home the following morning (that's a SUNDAY, mind you).

2) Want to pay your bill at 4am? Go right ahead!

3) Blazing fast internet connection that frankly, DSL can't touch...not by a longshot. (I reliaze that this is somewhat subjective)

...now granted, all of this comes with a price, which I consider almost exorbitant, but you do receive fair value in return.

I'm a former dish owner and I loved every minute that I was with DTV. Now, however, logistics make it impossible for me to go with their service so I am "stuck" with Comcast. I must say though, that as a whole, they have improved dramatically over the years....at least in the Richmond, VA market.

·
Banned
895 Posts
Originally posted by Joedog
Well Comcast in our area does not even offer cable modem service due to our old cable infrastructer.

Quote> Ridiculous, lightning, blazing fast internet connection that frankly, DSL can't touch...not by a longshot. > Quote
Well my DSL is 6 mbps download and 608 kbps upload on a static ip address.
So I think it compares well to cable internet. at about $50 a month.
I pay 42.95 for service. and those specs are right in my ballpark. DSL, at least in my neighborhood, can't touch those speeds.

I will say though, that for as happy as I am with Comcast's internet service, there is no comparison when it comes to cable programming, options and pricing. DTV wins, hands down. (IMHO)

·
Banned
895 Posts
Originally posted by mattg
1. 24/7 tech support? You mean Comcast will come out at 4am to fix your cable service? Wow.

2. Want to change your programming and pay your bill at 4am? You can do that with DTV, but not Comcast.

1. I never said that Comcast sent in-home service technicians out at 4am, rather, they were available on a Sunday morning less than 12 hours after I called.

2. You most certainly *can* alter your lineup, add/delete services and what not at 4am with Comcast. I have paid my bill at 3am before...on more than one occasion. Like they said...open 24/7

My experience here in Richmond with DSL was nothing short of horrendous. Others experiences may differ. Perhaps they think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. To each his own. Personally, I've had to reboot my modem a few times and of course, after the increased speed rollouts. I cannot recall any extended outages off the top of my head.

I paid 19.99 for a six month promotion. I now pay $42.95 monthly and I consistently get 4000/384. Given my computing needs, I'm happy as a clam with that.

I just get tired of people bashing Comcast when the company, as a whole, has improved tenfold, at least here in my neck of the woods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.