TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by dbronstein
I don't understand this mentality that some peole seem to have that DirecTV (or Dish or whoever else) should give you free programming or equipment if you threaten to leave.
Depends on how you look at it. These companies are making money from us, no matter what they give away, or they wouldn't do it. Honestly, I had a bit of a problem calling and asking for the free tivo from a company that gives me such good service. In the end, I did it. Other people go farther. I don't fault them for it. How many times in our lives have we paid a fee, a tax, or an extra charge? How many times are "rates raised"? It just seems that no matter what I do, or where I go, someone is trying to take my money for some reason or the other, and many times it seems they do it "just because they can." So I don't fault people for trying to get as much free stuff as they can. It helps balance things out a bit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by malloryd
Considering the forum you're on, you should expect nothing less than comcast bashing. If I were on a comcast forum, I would expect people to bash D*, not give glowing reports on their quality/service.

Just my 2 cents...
I've seen Comcast forums, and there were mostly people bashing Comcast. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.