TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I was hot to trot for the Tivo HD but heard Comcast would "soon" be implementing the TIVO gui on their boxes. Put project on hold. Recent conversations with Comcast employees indicate not to happen any time soon.

SO I'M GONNA BUY THE NEW $299 UNIT AND GOT QUESTIONS....

The motorola hd dvr looks good - is it the same limitation of 1080i that the Tivo has? My Sony Grand Wega can do 1080p. Will the Tivo HD be at least as good as the Motorola HD DVR? I'm doing this for the superior user interface by the way...

Irritating that two cards cost as much as the Motorola DVR, (maybe not true I see the cards come single or multi-stream). I'm assuming I can continue to run the Comcast box, hook up the Tivo with two cards and run it also giving me the capability of four simultaneous HD programs, yes?

Are there other configuration options like running cable to the comcast box and through it to the Tivo thus eliminating the $6.95 each for the cards?

Where's the forum for the Tivo hacks these days? My T2 was hacked years ago to 200 gig and has run perfectly. 160 doesn't seem enough. Can the external sata port be used for anything?

What impact does HD recording have on Tivo desktop? Can I transfer HD content to Tivo desktop at higher quality? Can I burn from the desktop at higher quality?

Anybody wanna buy a 200gig T2? Where can I post a for sale on this unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was an announcement that Comcast and Tivo entered an agreement where the Tivo interface would be implemented on the Comcast boxes. Was supposed to take place toward the latter part of the year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shady said:
No I didn't mean that, I meant what part of the agreement stalled. It's not the end of the year, so I was curious what you'd heard
Comcast is hot for internet phone and has back burnered the Tivo interface in favor of that. These are "asides" from a phone rep and a local comcast installer. No idea if they're "in the know".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.