TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
This post suggests that they may not ever come up with a solution.
As discussed, there was a time it might have been possible (if a number of actions were, and others were not, taken), but that ship has sailed.
I paid for lifetime memberships and to me, that means, lifetime usage, par with the cable providers.
You could always ask for your money back from TiVo since they no longer provide what you thought you purchased.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Strange that TiVo added the channel to my lineup even though it's IPTV and wouldn't work.
There are sometimes market specific things going on. While Comcast is introducing most new channels in IPTV only, and moving what are considered low viewership channels to IPTV only, there are some channels, in some markets, that are being added or maintained in linear QAM, but in IPTV-only in other markets. A couple of the college sports groups are linear QAM in their local market (to save bandwidth when everyone watches (because it is the local team)) and IPTV in other markets since they have lower viewership in those out-of-market locations. There are also a couple of very special markets that are so constrained they still primarily use linear QAM (and often their top HSI tier is more like blast). When you asked for the channel to be added TiVo probably presumed you were in one of those special markets where the channel, for whatever Comcast reason applied, was in linear QAM.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I noticed ShopHQ's HD channel is IP-only now. SD is still QAM. However, I don't recall if the HD version even existed in QAM.

Looking at Shop hq | Xfinity Community Forum
When it did work, 834 was standard def even though all the channels around it are HD.
Given the above, I don't think ShopHQ ever had an HD QAM channel. If anything, they're adding an HD IP channel, but not removing anything as the SD channel still exists, but only a different channel number. (Why does Comcast have multiple mappings for the same channel? I mean like two numbers below the 1000 channels.)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I noticed ShopHQ's HD channel is IP-only now. SD is still QAM. However, I don't recall if the HD version even existed in QAM.
It didn't
Given the above, I don't think ShopHQ ever had an HD QAM channel. If anything, they're adding an HD IP channel, but not removing anything as the SD channel still exists, but only a different channel number.
Correct, just like they have been doing with pretty much ALL of the recent HD IP-only additions, as already explained
(Why does Comcast have multiple mappings for the same channel? I mean like two numbers below the 1000 channels.)
If you're talking about the shopping channels, probably because they're paying to have them in multiple locations, just like on both satellite & other cable providers do. It's just multiple mappings of the SAME channel, so it takes up NO additional bandwidth... ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've lost the HD versions of some channels, but still get the SD channels. Is that due to the switch to IPTV? The HD channels I've noticed missing are TVLand, AHC, REELZ, Logo, SundanceTV, FLIX, FXM, Screen

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have noticed some HD channels are missing, but the SD versions are still there. Is this due to the switch to IPTV? The missing HD channels are TVLand, AHC, REELZ, Logo, SundanceTV, FLIX, FXM, & the ScreenPIX channels. I'm in the Phila area.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I've lost the HD versions of some channels, but still get the SD channels. Is that due to the switch to IPTV? The HD channels I've noticed missing are TVLand, AHC, REELZ, Logo, SundanceTV, FLIX, FXM, Screen
As already discussed umpteen times, unless you're system is a (very) rarity, you most likely never had the HD versions of those channels before. I assume you're talking about these channels in their 1xxx channel range??? If so, you were (probably) actually previously watching duplicate SD/QAM feeds of those channel numbers, which DO work with Tivo's/CC's/QAM boxes. Then when Comcast recently added HD feeds of these channels, they switched all those channels in the 1xxx range, to HD/IP feeds, which then render them unavailable to non-IP capable equipment.

Here's a detailed explanation of how the 1xxx channels actually work on Comcast & their relation to (HD) channels being added in HD/IP-only:
Xfinity dropping linear HD channels?

·
Registered
50 Posts
As already discussed umpteen times, unless you're system is a (very) rarity, you most likely never had the HD versions of those channels before. I assume you're talking about these channels in their 1xxx channel range??? If so, you were (probably) actually previously watching duplicate SD/QAM feeds of those channel numbers, which DO work with Tivo's/CC's/QAM boxes. Then when Comcast recently added HD feeds of these channels, they switched all those channels in the 1xxx range, to HD/IP feeds, which then render them unavailable to non-IP capable equipment.

Here's a detailed explanation of how the 1xxx channels actually work on Comcast & their relation to (HD) channels being added in HD/IP-only:
Xfinity dropping linear HD channels?
They were HD. They looked like HD and info button showed 720p. But thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
They were HD. They looked like HD and info button showed 720p.
Then as I prefaced when I said "unless you're system is a (very) rarity" - it appears then that your (rare) system did, in fact, switch those HD QAM feeds to IP-only. Have you looked carefully at your recent bills, to see if they added notices re: these channels moving to IP-only?
Understand the vast majority of Comcast systems, never had them in HD QAM...so they probably decided to not have your system be an exception any longer. Also understand as time goes on, eventually most likely ALL systems will be switching (HD) QAM channels to IP-only, as it saves bandwidth for the whole system.
Our system is one of some of their systems, that still have channels like Cooking, DIY & C-SPAN1 in HD QAM, while others here have reported their systems have switched them to IP-only...I'm afraid this WILL eventually happen here in the not-too-distant future...

·
Cat God
17,656 Posts
In my area there are a number of channels I can only get in SD. That made it all the more annoying when TiVo made a lineup change that added a bunch of channels up above 2000 which I don’t get (and aren’t even listed in my lineup) and dropped most of the SD channels.

They eventually put the SD channels back, but left a ton of phantom channels in the lineup. I have no idea why TiVo made that change.

·
Ed Ludwig
382 Posts
I am a Comcast customer and I was having issues with being able to receive some channels on my TiVo DVRs but was able to receive them on my XG2 cable box. I contacted support via @ComcastCares PM on Twitter. The agent there tried several things that didn't work so they escalated the issue to tier-2 CableCARD support.

I received a call today (11-22) from a tier-2 CableCARD support agent. The reason I couldn't receive the channels on the TiVos is because Comcast is moving some channels to IPTV and I would have to use their X1 cable box or stream device, stream via the Xfinity stream app, or online via the web. I asked if he could email me a list of the channels that, so far, have been moved to IPTV. He emailed me the list. I also asked him about CableCARD and TiVo support moving forward and he said that part of the court settlement between Comcast and TiVo was supporting TiVo and CableCARDS until 2031. I am hoping that Comcast CableCARD users will receive formal notification regarding the TiVo support and Comcast moving channels to IPTV.

Here's the list of channels that, so far, that have been moved to IPTV (some are still available for viewing on TiVo in my market in Nashville at the moment):

Afro HD
Aspire TV HD
Band International HD
BET HER HD
BBC World News HD
Black News Channel HD
C-SPAN HD
CLEO HD
Comedy.TV HD
Cooking Channel HD
CTC
Discovery Family HD
DIY Network HD
FOX Sports 2 HD
FOX Deportes HD
Galavisión HD
Hallmark Drama SD and HD
i24NEWS HD
Jewelry TV HD
JusticeCentral.TV HD
MTV2 HD
NDTV 24x7
Newsmax TV HD
Nick 2 HD
Nick Jr. HD
Nick Toons HD
NTV America
Ovation HD
Pac-12 National HD
Pac-12 Regional HD
POP TV HD
QVC2 HD and SD
QVC3 HD and SD
Rai Italia HD
Recipe.TV HD
Revolt HD
RTR-Planeta
Rossiya 24
SEC Overflow HD
Smithsonian HD
Sundance HD and SD
Teen Nick HD
The Filipino Channel (TFC)
TUDN HD
TV Asia HD
TV JAPAN HD
TV5MONDE HD
Universo HD (formerly NBC Universo) (E&W)
Univision HD
UniMás HD
WGN America HD
Willow TV HD
Zee TV HD
Z Living HD
Zona Fútbol HD and SD
Looks like the same list of TVE Channels.

·
FUBAR
4,954 Posts
Yeah, many of those channels are still on QAM here, so I'm curious how all of these have been 'moved' to IP. Replicated is more like it, at least for all the older channels. New ones have been IP only for a while now.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Per my earlier post, it appears Disney forced Comcast to add ACCN in QAM, in BOTH SD & HD in at least some, if not most markets:
ACCN added on Comcast systems in QAM

Today Comcast added FM HD on MCLU 1638 (only) & Fuse HD on MCLU 1414 (only) in HD IP-only; note while Fuse is in Dig Preferred tiers, FM requires the S&E add-on package (same one where TCM & CMT got banished to on most systems... :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I just had CourtTV disappear from my channel lineup and a different channel has replaced it (Grit) under the same channel number. Didn't get any notice in my bill that it was moving to a different channel.
I tried contacting Comcast Support chat but kept getting automated responses and couldn’t connect to a real agent, so I gave up. I guess I’ll just use the CourtTV app on my Apple TV.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I just had CourtTV disappear from my channel lineup and a different channel has replaced it (Grit) under the same channel number. Didn't get any notice in my bill that it was moving to a different channel.
Has nothing to do w/Comcast; CourtTV is a local OTA subchannel, & your local FOX station switched 13.2 to Grit - Comcast is just passing on that same subchannel they are being given. (according to Wiki, this actually happened back in March 2021)
It appears CourtTV is now broadcast OTA on KWPX 33.2; have you looked around your Comcast lineup to see if it "moved" to another Comcast channel?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Has nothing to do w/Comcast; CourtTV is a local OTA subchannel, & your local FOX station switched 13.2 to Grit - Comcast is just passing on that same subchannel they are being given. (according to Wiki, this actually happened back in March 2021)
It appears CourtTV is now broadcast OTA on KWPX 33.2; have you looked around your Comcast lineup to see if it "moved" to another Comcast channel?
Thanks, looks like it’s only OTA now in my area.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts