TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others, I have serious intermittent pixelization issues on the local NBC and ABC HD Channels (312 and 313), and also on some of the others. I have two S3's and I experience the problem on both.

Like many others, this didn't seem to be a problem when I first set them up. Like many others, I'd peg this problem to the download and install of 8.3.

The question, I guess, is what to do about it.

I had Comcast out yesterday and the tech told me my signal strength is 'fine' (although to be honest I don't know what that means). He told me that he's seen this problem before and that what I need to do is go get new cablecards and swap them out/install them repeatedly until the problem goes away. I don't relish doing that but will if I have to.

It seems that many others in the Houston area have this problem on Channels 312 and 313. If it's a cablecard issue, why would the problem seem focused on specific channels?

If, on the other hand, it's a Tivo software issue, why would swapping out cablecards make a difference?

Two last questions: 1) Does this problem go away by adding an external antenna and tuning into the local HD stations OTA?, and 2) Has Tivo acknowledged to anyone that 8.3 has any role in this pixelization problem?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lethcoeb said:
Hi,
There is a great post in another thread (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=358393) which outlines the probable cause for pixelization on Houston Comcast channels.

May not be much we can do about it right now, other than optimize your system and hope for the best...
Yeah, I'd seen that. I guess I'm wondering whether installing an OTA antenna will resolve the problem. Because if it's an S3 software issue, then I may just be pouring more money down the drain. But the new TV season is a-comin', so I need to get this resolved.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone else noticed an improvement on this issue, especially with respect to Channels 312 and 313?

I was able to get through the first hour of the Today Show and/or Good Morning America today, each of which over the past 1-2 months have been virtually unwatchable due to pixelization.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.