TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
20TIL6 said:
I had line techs out here for most of one day, they checked everything and my signal and cable connections in the house are fine.
Did the picture break up at any time while they were there? Unless they are monitoring the signal strength when it starts fluctuating and then drops to the point where the picture breaks up, they will think things are fine.

OTOH, maybe the signal coming out of the wall is fine, but at the point where my TV is measuring signal strength it has been degraded by a flaw in the TV. Maybe the TV tuner cannot always cleanly discriminate between subchannels when there are too many of them. I started thinking about this when I saw your comment about different performance on different gear.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It really does seem that there are tuners that choke on the most densely packed pipes that Comcast is sending us. My TV appears to have one and TiVo S3s may also.

Did your son's TV show breakup at the same time as their STB was showing none? That would pretty well settle the issue. I may just pick up an STB and use it for a day or so and see what happens. I guess I should try to get one with a CC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.