TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be switching from Frontier to Comcast next week. The person that signed me up said that the cost for cable cards for my TivoHds would be $12.95 per month.I will get their DVR box for now.

Is that what everyone is paying?
Do they let you do a self install?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I will be switching from Frontier to Comcast next week. The person that signed me up said that the cost for cable cards for my TivoHds would be $12.95 per month.I will get their DVR box for now.

Is that what everyone is paying?
Do they let you do a self install?
I switched from DISH to Comcast last month in Anderson and the cost for the cable card AFTER the first one is $1.99 They do charge a $7.95 extra outlet fee for each Tivo past the first one. They do require a truck roll for install.
Make sure that BEFORE the tech gets there do the guided set as if the card is already installed that way the channels will be in the guide and ready to test.
I have heard many horror storys about Comcast cable card installs but I had 6 installed with NO problems.
'Good Luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I switched from DISH to Comcast last month in Anderson and the cost for the cable card AFTER the first one is $1.99 They do charge a $7.95 extra outlet fee for each Tivo past the first one. They do require a truck roll for install.
Make sure that BEFORE the tech gets there do the guided set as if the card is already installed that way the channels will be in the guide and ready to test.
I have heard many horror storys about Comcast cable card installs but I had 6 installed with NO problems.
'Good Luck!
Thanks for the info.

I think the price he quoted me might be for the extra outlet and 2 cards @ $2.50 per card.

Do you know how many boxes can be put on one outlet before the extra outlet fee is charged? I will have both Tivo boxes and the Comcast box on the same outlet hooked up to the main tv.

I am single and do not watch tv in any other room.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will be charged for the xtra device not outlets. if you only have the Tivo there would be no extra charge. you can have either the Comcast box for free or the tivo not both without being charged extra.
Thanks for the info.

I want to have the 2 Tivo boxes and the Comcast box hooked up to the main tv. Would I be charged 2 extra outlet fees? I know that there will be a fee for 2 cable cards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.