I would love to cut the cord! Unfortunately, the roadblocks for me are:
1) Wife (and me too) love the Tivo interface, and would like to not lose that
2) Only option for INet here is Comcast... so it will cost me about $95 for 1GB Internet... leaving only $50 for TV before it is more expensive than today.
3) Looked at Tivo stream but it does not seem to do live TV well. If Tivo stream did YouTube TV or HuluTV, I think I would jump.
4) Need solution for 5 TVs as simple and cost effective as my 6 tuner Roamio and 4 minis.
Am I missing something? Please tell me if I am... I really want to leave Comcast TV behind.
I can't guarantee you'll overcome your roadblocks, but here's my 2 cents:
1. Tivo Roamio and Bolt both offer an OTA version. The Roamio ota is cheap on ebay. it works great. i too will never give up Tivo as long as it still streams from my PC library as well as OTA/Apps.
2. 95.00/month for internet is about average. i pay 79.00 here for the medium tier because i call them up every year and tell them about ATT offering me a great deal. If you want don't do any webserving or 4+ family members streaming, you might consider an ATT hotspot box. It works over cellular and gives you good speeds (5mb/s).
3. Some Live TV isn't good unless it's OTA - there are delays. For us that would mean tornadoes are eating us up before we even hear about it from Youtube TV or any other streaming service. Even live OTA is delayed about 1-2 minutes.
4. I'd swap out the roamio for an OTA model and call it a day!
That's just me. i think you'd save a ton of money in the long run. Add a fire tv stick (one time, 29.99) and you can see any tv show ever made. There is about a 2 week adjustment period as you train the wife and kids the buttons to push, but for the most part you wouldn't see much difference since you've got a roamio now already.