TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Nevertheless, that's how they won. More questions asked, more right answers. I didn't think they had a chance.

Both teams had trouble with what I thought were easy questions but Auburn really fell apart at the end. So many easy questions they didn't know the answers to and that cost them.

I'm amazed anyone thought Illinois was in the Eastern time zone. No one had said Indiana yet. I thought I would have an easy time keeping up but even I wasn't sure after a while.
I think the only ones they missed were Indiana and Michigan. And they are in the midwest so it's not an obvious answer (and I happen to know those due to following sports). Also, what I consider easy questions might not be to someone who's not of my age group. And what might be easy to them, like questions about current pop culture, I might not know. So "easy" is relative. With that said, I don't like the idea that they even HAVE pop culture type questions and should stick with academic topics. But that might be boring to a lot of viewers, so I can understand why they include it.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
I liked the answer to the question about the name of Ebenezer Scrooge's overworked assistant: Bob Marley.

At first I just thought, WHAT?!? But then after I thought about it, you had Bob Cratchit and Jacob Marley, so that's an easy mistake to make.

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
I live in Indiana and most people I speak with (work related) think that Indiana is in the Central time zone. If you follow sports, like someone brought up, that would help...but I kept waiting for Indiana and it never came...

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
I live in Indiana and most people I speak with (work related) think that Indiana is in the Central time zone. If you follow sports, like someone brought up, that would help...but I kept waiting for Indiana and it never came...
Peyton clearly said "all or part" of the state and I know part of Indiana is Eastern.

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
Yes, part of Indiana is Central, but many people I speak with think that ALL of Indiana is in the Central Time Zone-I know what the question said - too bad it didn't come to the kids' minds! They skipped over Indiana from Ohio straight to Illiinois! (WOMP WOMP)

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
Yes, part of Indiana is Central, but many people I speak with think that ALL of Indiana is in the Central Time Zone-I know what the question said - too bad it didn't come to the kids' minds! They skipped over Indiana from Ohio straight to Illiinois! (WOMP WOMP)
People driving from the east coast to Chicago tend to mentally skip Indiana as well!

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
Isn't it more like 98% of Indiana is Central, with only a couple small areas bordering Ohio sticking to Eastern?

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
Most of Indiana is Eastern, with only the northwest and southwest corners in the Central time zone (basically the Chicago suburbs and the Evansville area).
Ah, OK. I had it backwards. But I knew only a very small portion of Indiana was in a different time zone from the rest.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I can't read anything because it was getting close to midnight when Alabama finished up. Once again, a lot of answers they should have known but either didn't or couldn't think of under the pressure.

Ford, Carter, Tyler, Garfield, Arthur, Benjamin Harrison and Fillmore. Ford and Carter should have been easy. And Tyler didn't win even if he did run for the first time. I don't remember if he did.

The one family had all these pets and all were introduced except the cats. I wanted them to introduce the cats.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I suppose some were looking forward to an Alabama-Auburn final. What will happen is as far from that as it could have been.

I have a neighbor with a "Roll Tide" flag in front of his house but I'm pretty sure he only likes actual sports.

·
Now with more GB
3,529 Posts
I suppose some were looking forward to an Alabama-Auburn final. What will happen is as far from that as it could have been.

I have a neighbor with a "Roll Tide" flag in front of his house but I'm pretty sure he only likes actual sports.
Anybody with a "Roll Tide" (or "War Eagle") flag on their front lawn probably believes the only "actual sports" are football and the spring football within-team scrimmages.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Anybody with a "Roll Tide" (or "War Eagle") flag on their front lawn probably believes the only "actual sports" are football and the spring football within-team scrimmages.
He has other flags on his lawn but not being a paid member of this site I can't say what those are.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
That was quite an ending. I don't think Columbia was ever behind once they got caught up.

How can anyone not know The Lone Ranger?
The Lone Ranger is a 1950s TV Show. I can see where an 18 year old kid may not know who that is. If someone asked you about a current popular singer, you might not know who that is, but every kid would.

Good ending. One things I found interesting. When each school got the rah rah from a famous person, Columbia got theirs from Madeline Albright, a former Secretary of State. USC got theirs from Jerry Buss's trophy wife. He's the owner of the Lakers. I guess that says a lot about each of these schools.

·
Meh.
43,358 Posts
Haven't there been relatively recent Lone Ranger movies? My guess is that they were confused by the Bass Reeves reference.

It's nice that the losing team got a decent consolation prize unlike another game show I watched earlier this year where the losers got zip.

101 - 120 of 161 Posts